Hull City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Like others have said, man for man, we should be better than Hull.

But the same was true against Peterborough.

These are the kind of games that should be favourable, even with our current squad.

However with Rooney’s coaching and tactical nous or lack thereof, I can’t help but feel that we’ll contrive to lose this game.

Let’s hope not because a win would be a huge boost going into back to back home games.

But a narrow loss seems very likely. We just always find a way to let ourselves down defensively.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Does anyone else worry about the lack of physical presence in this team.

Dropping Forsyth basically leaves us with Davies and Jagielka to win anything coming in. If we concede set pieces, that’ll be a real killer for us tonight.

Yeah I agree with this. Forsyth would’ve kept his place in the side for me tbh. At least to begin with. I’ll take a clean sheet by half time then if we have to chase it we can chase it 

Hull are pretty direct in getting it wide as they have pace..Shinnie basically tried to do a superman fly straight past their attacker left him free to run to the by-line..luckily he overhit it out..they are targeting Byrne.

Edited by Yani P

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Does anyone else worry about the lack of physical presence in this team.

Dropping Forsyth basically leaves us with Davies and Jagielka to win anything coming in. If we concede set pieces, that’ll be a real killer for us tonight.

I also just struggle to see goals in this line up sadly.

I hope we scrape something out but this team on paper is not a good team. However - I also agree it’s all we have right now and that’s not the players fault, or Rooneys.

Buchanan is better at heading than Fozzy who ducks half the time unless in opponents half bizarrely 

Edited by EnigmaRam

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Buchanan, Sibley and Jagielka in the team will improve us. Very harsh on Stretton to not start and perhaps sends the wrong message but it's not surprising either. We will like do better with Baldock up front than CKR mind. Still feel like we won't solve the crux of the tactical issues until Shinnie is replaced.

Stretton will come on at some point - cant blame the managers for ‘managing’ a young player into his first team career.

Brady - why the comment about Shinnie ? I agree, hes not had a blinding start to the new season. But, he did win supporters player of the year last season so surely must have some worth to us and the team ?