Come on mel sort out roadriders I am begging you

B4ev6is

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Still moaning though ?

He's got a right to moan though, surely?

Something that's always been available has been removed without notice, and any reasonable person may assume the service would still be running seeing as the club made a discount for the Roadrider one of the perks of membership?

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep. Hull gave us their tickets three weeks ago.

Oh, hang on a minute....

Yeah, no season tickets, no ticket office, no coaches, no minutes from a supporters meeting, no updates, no communication from the club to emails, no accounts filed, promises broken to the manager, tax bill unpaid. 

You're right. 

7 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

It’s refreshing to know that at least somebody knows exactly what is happening at ‘every other club’ 

It's refreshing to see that you think its Mel's job to sort the ticketing system out and book coaches.... 

Name me a worse run club at this very moment. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Yeah, no season tickets, no ticket office, no coaches, no minutes from a supporters meeting, no updates, no communication from the club to emails, no accounts filed, promises broken to the manager, tax bill unpaid. 

You're right. 

I was talking specifically about the Hull tickets, as you well know. An example of another club struggling post-covid. Things not back to normal yet across football.

But you know this, just want to use it to have another anti-club rant.

Bore off.

Just now, angieram said:

I was talking specifically about the Hull tickets, as you well know. An example of another club struggling post-covid. Things not back to normal yet across football.

But you know this, just want to use it to have another anti-club rant.

Bore off.

Thanks for that, moderator. I wasn't talking about the Hull tickets, as you well know. 

You have your cheap shots and then tell me to bore off.  Very inclusive of views. 

Just now, Norman said:

Thanks for that, moderator. I wasn't talking about the Hull tickets, as you well know. 

You have your cheap shots and then tell me to bore off.  Very inclusive of views. 

Oh, so I am not allowed to come back at someone posting unreasonable views because I'm a moderator? 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep. Hull gave us their tickets three weeks ago.

Oh, hang on a minute....

You raise a valid point yet again Angie.

Pre Covid Era

October 2019 was the last time we played Hull City away.

The game was played on 26th October 2019.

Ticket Sale Dates
Away Membership Holders: Friday 4th October (10am)
Season Ticket Holders: Friday 11th October (10am)
General Sale (one ticket per Fan ID): Friday 18th October (10am)

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/10/tickets-for-hull-city-clash-on-sale-to-season-ticket-holders

We had an away allocation of 2,889.

Covid Era

The game will be played on 18th August.

Away Membership Holders: Thursday 12th August
Season Ticket Holders: Friday 13th August
General Sale (one ticket per Fan ID): Saturday 14th August

We have an away allocation of 1,354.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see pre covid we had 22 days from tickets first going on sale to the game compared to 6 days this year, only 4 days from general sale to the game.

Now some will say why haven't the club released the tickets earlier then, when the dcfctickets twitter account was active I would see fans, including B4 regularly asking when ticket information for a game would be out, the usual response was, as soon as we receive the tickets we will put the information out that day.

I have no idea the logistics behind booking the coaches, what the financial implications are if they order too many coaches which are not used or what contracts we have in place compared to other clubs to sit here and say, this is not acceptable. 

It's jumping to conclusions where I have seen B4 post that he's been told "health & safety reasons", now we may have a contract with X company who are not willing to run the coaches during the pandemic. I don't know this, but it's a possibility that nobody appears to stop to consider, it's f the club, sort it out.

If that was the case, why not get another company? True, but are we able to book at that short notice, are coaches available in the area and how do the club judge how many tickets will be sold? 

Look at the Salford game, was the stadium empty due to ticket prices, online sales only, fans on holiday, some not comfortable entering a football ground yet concerned for their health?....Theres a number of factors to consider and I would imagine is difficult to really predict as we have no data for these kinds of circumstances to fall back on, look at the allocation, just 1,354 which is over 1.5k less than our less visit to Hull.

The club are clearly being cautious as I'm sure I'm correct in saying that some clubs require you to purchase any unused tickets, assuming this is as they have covered the costs of stewards to cover X allocation.

Saying all that, I do think the club should address the situation on their website so fans are aware, a little communication even if it's not what you want to hear goes a long way and stops fingers being pointed and all kinds of theories which including mine above from surfacing. 

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

It's refreshing to see that you think its Mel's job to sort the ticketing system out and book coaches.... 

Name me a worse run club at this very moment. 

Let me know, in the next say 30 to 45 minutes or so ( seeing as you know what is happening at every other club so well)  , what the season and match day ticket situation is at the following clubs ; 

Hartlepool United 

Ipswich Town

Norwich city 

Blackburn Rovers

Newcastle United 

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know (hope) this is a joke but B4 has already said on the thread he is now sorted with the DCFC Alfreton Supporters Club branch for transport to any away games he wants.

Thanks angieram

I did not know If this was a joke or someone being personal mean to me.

10 minutes ago, David said:

You raise a valid point yet again Angie.

Pre Covid Era

October 2019 was the last time we played Hull City away.

The game was played on 26th October 2019.

Ticket Sale Dates
Away Membership Holders: Friday 4th October (10am)
Season Ticket Holders: Friday 11th October (10am)
General Sale (one ticket per Fan ID): Friday 18th October (10am)

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/10/tickets-for-hull-city-clash-on-sale-to-season-ticket-holders

We had an away allocation of 2,889.

Covid Era

The game will be played on 18th August.

Away Membership Holders: Thursday 12th August
Season Ticket Holders: Friday 13th August
General Sale (one ticket per Fan ID): Saturday 14th August

We have an away allocation of 1,354.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see pre covid we had 22 days from tickets first going on sale to the game compared to 6 days this year, only 4 days from general sale to the game.

Now some will say why haven't the club released the tickets earlier then, when the dcfctickets twitter account was active I would see fans, including B4 regularly asking when ticket information for a game would be out, the usual response was, as soon as we receive the tickets we will put the information out that day.

I have no idea the logistics behind booking the coaches, what the financial implications are if they order too many coaches which are not used or what contracts we have in place compared to other clubs to sit here and say, this is not acceptable. 

It's jumping to conclusions where I have seen B4 post that he's been told "health & safety reasons", now we may have a contract with X company who are not willing to run the coaches during the pandemic. I don't know this, but it's a possibility that nobody appears to stop to consider, it's f the club, sort it out.

If that was the case, why not get another company? True, but are we able to book at that short notice, are coaches available in the area and how do the club judge how many tickets will be sold? 

Look at the Salford game, was the stadium empty due to ticket prices, online sales only, fans on holiday, some not comfortable entering a football ground yet concerned for their health?....Theres a number of factors to consider and I would imagine is difficult to really predict as we have no data for these kinds of circumstances to fall back on, look at the allocation, just 1,354 which is over 1.5k less than our less visit to Hull.

The club are clearly being cautious as I'm sure I'm correct in saying that some clubs require you to purchase any unused tickets, assuming this is as they have covered the costs of stewards to cover X allocation.

Saying all that, I do think the club should address the situation on their website so fans are aware, a little communication even if it's not what you want to hear goes a long way and stops fingers being pointed and all kinds of theories which including mine above from surfacing. 

While I take your points on board, are you suggesting the Alfreton branch of the supporters group are being financially reckless in organising a coach, when the club can't/won't?

Membership's only went on sale a few weeks ago, if that, are you saying they didn't know a potential problem existed regarding matchday travel at the time?

1 minute ago, Rev said:

While I take your points on board, are you suggesting the Alfreton branch of the supporters group are being financially reckless in organising a coach, when the club can't/won't?

Membership's only went on sale a few weeks ago, if that, are you saying they didn't know a potential problem existed regarding matchday travel at the time?

Not at all, but how many coaches do they run, is it the same people each game that regularly attend and have given the branch their word they intend to continue to travel, what company do they use is it the same as the club?

With regards to the memberships, I don't know again, maybe, have drivers left, caught covid whilst operating and now running reduced numbers on their coaches to keep their drivers and travellers safe?

All the above is complete speculation, as I say it would be good for the club to address this publicly on their website.

19 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It wasn't a joke at all. Why would you hope I wasn't offering to throw some money in to help him out?

It was the way you wrote it, Bob with mentions of Ubers and that.

Crowdfunding is usually used for charity type stuff, isn't it, so I thought you were being sarcastic! 

Anyway, money isn't the problem in this instance, it is logistics and and as you can read now, it is all sorted.

It was a great offer. ?

9 hours ago, Rev said:

He's got a right to moan though, surely?

Something that's always been available has been removed without notice, and any reasonable person may assume the service would still be running seeing as the club made a discount for the Roadrider one of the perks of membership?

Failing to announce it is terrible as well.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Failing to announce it is terrible as well.

I agree with this to some extent, shouldn't have been put in the membership package if no longer available. 

To answer another question, Alfreton branch run one bus with one very hard-working volunteer organising it. There are a core group of supporters who use it every game so maybe a bit easier to manage. 

Roadrider bookings start from scratch every game and can be one to ten buses depending on demand. Each one has to have a paid steward on board too. An administrative nightmare really.