Come on mel sort out roadriders I am begging you

B4ev6is

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Yes, these are real issues.

Which the Alfreton Derby supporters club have managed to overcome, but seem beyond the club itself.

Good point. 
Like I say, was just thinking out loud.  It's not my forté, to be honest!   ?

23 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Derby County FC in miss-selling shock!  It’s usually the buying we duck up.

Let’s be honest Mels attempts at selling the club make his buying of Nick Blackman et el, look positively shrewd by comparison 

11 hours ago, Norman said:

Fur. Load. What are you not getting!?

There is no money to be made from taking money over the phone. 

There is no money to be made from selling seats on buses, or even having  the benifit of having more fans at away games. 

Just drop it. Mel is doing his best. 

duck me, if this is his best, hate to see him on an off day 

48 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Could be wrong here, and no idea what the latest is re public transport, but maybe there's a lot more involved in hiring such transport at the moment?  I'd imagine (rightly or wrongly) that the majority of users would prefer everyone to be masked for the entire journey?  Perhaps the club aren't confident they can promise that outcome, and fear reprisals from disgruntled travellers? Maybe Boris is advising capacity limitations?  Possible interjections from insurance companies even?
The phrase "Too much hassle" springs to mind.

Just thinking out loud... absolutely haven't got a clue as to any real reasons.

?‍♂️

Then why advistiers cheaper travel then no transport as it stands they can ask people to be masked up but cant force them too.

56 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Could be wrong here, and no idea what the latest is re public transport, but maybe there's a lot more involved in hiring such transport at the moment?  I'd imagine (rightly or wrongly) that the majority of users would prefer everyone to be masked for the entire journey?  Perhaps the club aren't confident they can promise that outcome, and fear reprisals from disgruntled travellers? Maybe Boris is advising capacity limitations?  Possible interjections from insurance companies even?
The phrase "Too much hassle" springs to mind.

Just thinking out loud... absolutely haven't got a clue as to any real reasons.

?‍♂️

Just to be packed in a concourse like sardines straight after disembarking? 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Then why advistiers cheaper travel then no transport as it stands they can ask people to be masked up but cant force them too.

I hear you buddy.

Sorry, I made the mistake of joining in a conversation on a subject I know nothing about.  A bit like if we were all sat around a pub table, having a chin wag.  I should know better.  That approach never works well on an internet forum!

Sorry I don't have the answers you seek.  I wish you well in your quest for facts and information.  ?

On 11/08/2021 at 09:42, dcfcreece1601 said:

Just out of curiosity don't Alfreton need to do this for their own club rather than Derby? How come they help us??‍♂️ is it only when Alfreton are not playing at the same time? I'd like to know details about this as it might be cheaper than buying train fairs to the away games 

Blimey

Its quite , err, interesting on here, isn't it ? 

On 11/08/2021 at 18:02, Donegal Ram said:

Derby are not doing everything they can because if they were the fans would be in the know about the smaller issues that affect them. Staffing issues, let the fans know. Bus issues, let the fans know. Ticket office issues, let the fans know. An email to explain any changes or problems is all it takes rather than stressing people out about the uncertainty. Unprofessional and just plain annoying. 

Hope you get sorted B4.

I understand your frustration Donegal and I totally sympathise

The wider issue is that businesses are going through, and have had to go through, the single most disruptive and unpredictable period since the second world war in the early 1940s, eighty years ago, in another world.

The next issue is that the pandemic has created some incredibly difficult problems for businesses who provide large audience entertainment 

Then, we also have a micro issue of a local owner who has spent over £200m of his own money, who is saying enough is enough, and who is also not in good health, according to reports. 

Granted, Mel has been his own worst enemy on many occassions

Lets be kind, and cut them some slack given all the above 

51 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

I understand your frustration Donegal and I totally sympathise

The wider issue is that businesses are going through, and have had to go through, the single most disruptive and unpredictable period since the second world war in the early 1940s, eighty years ago, in another world.

The next issue is that the pandemic has created some incredibly difficult problems for businesses who provide large audience entertainment 

Then, we also have a micro issue of a local owner who has spent over £200m of his own money, who is saying enough is enough, and who is also not in good health, according to reports. 

Granted, Mel has been his own worst enemy on many occassions

Lets be kind, and cut them some slack given all the above 

It isn't just Mel in that building. Who the duck is in charge of such operations? 

@B4ev6is. The life of the club. You deserve better

Edited by Norman

27 minutes ago, Norman said:

It isn't just Mel in that building. Who the duck is in charge of such operations? 

@B4ev6is. The life of the club. You deserve better

Do you have any sympathy for those at the club at all , Norman, given the extraordinary circumstances we all find ourselves in ? 

50 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

Do you have any sympathy for those at the club at all , Norman, given the extraordinary circumstances we all find ourselves in ? 

Nope. Every other club seem to have their act together. So, no, I don't. 

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I think we should start a Go Fund me page to get @B4ev6is an Uber to Bramall Lane.

I'll throw in a fiver if the Alfreton bus doesn't pan out.

I know (hope) this is a joke but B4 has already said on the thread he is now sorted with the DCFC Alfreton Supporters Club branch for transport to any away games he wants.