v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I just put a bet on us to win, but we have to be more forward-thinking. Way, way too much turning backwards. Louie Watson perhaps the biggest culprit, who's being a lot too safety-first. Needs to be braver on the ball and always thinking of going forwards. As do the whole team. We need to put them on the back foot, move the ball quickly and risk a ball that might create an opening.

See this is interesting to me because usually that's not how you'd see Watson getting described. I'm not watching tonight but if as it sounds like Watson is playing as one of the two DMs then what's curious is he isn't the first to be put in that position and be accused of what you've mentioned. I do wonder if the 4231 is artificially restrictive in this regard.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

See this is interesting to me because usually that's not how you'd see Watson getting described. I'm not watching tonight but if as it sounds like Watson is playing as one of the two DMs then what's curious is he isn't the first to be put in that position and be accused of what you've mentioned. I do wonder if the 4231 is artificially restrictive in this regard.

Yes it is 

Stretton isn’t a loan striker in the same way Marriott wasn’t