Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

I'll leave this here. Brian clearly met people like our new friend Augustus many time's and who am I to argue.

Brian Clough: I'm not really interested but I do remember working at Forest in a quarter-final of the European Cup and we couldn't get 30,000 there. Now I don't know whether it was the time I had no roof on the stand.

John McGovern: The second year we won the European Cup, the average home league gate wasn't 25,000

Brian Clough: They you are. I genuinely think - and once again it's only a theory and can't be proved - but I genuinely think that a proportion of the Forest fans now caught the end of our success.

In other words, they were only kids when we were winning everything. Now they are grown up, mature men and have kids of their own.

They associate themselves with our success and are dragging their kids along hoping it will be repeated.

I think now they have a core which they have never had in their lives. It's never been a footballing city, Nottingham.

It's always been the city for the big time. They all thought they were clever in Nottingham and they were spivs.

They all thought they were shrewd. When I first met them, getting on the bus without paying was their idea of shrewdness.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

It's a bit of morbid curiosity I suppose, like driving past a car crash and not being able to resist looking.

..........and then you smash into a parked truck, resulting in your car being classed as a write off (your PL destiny in 2022/23)

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well forest owner being looked into for bad dealings I personal hope fails owners test and forest get sent back down to champership and huddersfield get promation instead that would cheer me up now end.

Never going to happen. 

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

It could do

I be laughing my head off and they all think they just got promation guess again now that would be justice.

It won't.

Worst that would happen is he is not allowed any involvement in running the club. That's it.

There is no way at all they will promote Huddersfield over Forest now.

Just realised the last time forest won promotion, Derby got relegated in the same year. In 2007/08 they went up to the championship while we got relegated from the premier league. It was inevitable that it would happen again.

9 hours ago, Augustus said:

It's a bit of morbid curiosity I suppose, like driving past a car crash and not being able to resist looking.

Or not concentrating where you are going, looking over at a beautiful lady with more than a hint of lustful envy, and ending up being in a car crash!

go ahead and deny it… we won’t be listening, fellow Ram. ?

Let me get this right.  Notts Florist have had their best season this millennium and first trip to the new Wembley (well, I say new it is 15 years old!!) yet some fans are scouring glass door to find the occasional bad review about CK.  Is it just me or is that odd behaviour?

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

36 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Let me get this right.  Notts Florist have had their best season this millennium and first trip to the new Wembley (well, I say new it is 15 years old!!) yet some fans are scouring glass door to find the occasional bad review about CK.  Is it just me or is that odd behaviour?

Desperate, I'd call it, particularly as they're busy defending all of the (far more serious) negative "reviews" of Marinakis that have resurfaced. 

3 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Indeed, but in fairness quite a few are quite odd themselves.