Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

14 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

fine david schwimmer GIF
All I’ve heard for the last 2 and a half hours are the two forest fans at work talking just loud enough for me to hear them. 

Buy 'em a Stress Ball each - they'll need them for next season.

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

I know you guys are desperate not to admit Forest have had better support in recent years, but this is just sad. Our attendances have been down for years now - are you going to blame the ticketing problems for that as well ?.

Now that we actually report factual figures for our attendances rather than make it up like we did under goatee man we canactually see where we stand.

We can follow Forests example you know. If they've fpund a way to fill their stadium then we should do the same. Most of our games had more than 6000 empty seats this season.

Not sure why you are you trying to argue that our attendances are down because weve been crap either. It doesnt change the fact that our attendances have been much lower than Forests.

Average of 25k last ten seasons - Derby 6, Forest 2. If we exclude covid year, Derby 7 times Forest 2. What a weird post. Derby have had points deductions and in relegation zone, Derby’s attendance has been great this season- take out the 16k at home (I couldn’t buy a ticket for those games as no ticket office) as they were anomalies. If Forest had been in administration, points deductions, relegation etc their average would be a lot lower. Covid has also been a factor affecting different clubs differently. Derby and Forest have had similar attendances but it’s clear that Derby have had an edge over previous seasons until very recently. 

Thinking back to our play off win won the semi on penalties against a team who wear red and white stripes won the final 1-0 against a team that wears blue and white stripes and we all know what happened after. Am I  clutching at straws?? As for John Moss I give you Roger Milford!!

13 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't have a problem with Forest being promoted. I have some Forest-supporting friends and I'm happy for them.

What I find galling is having to watch another club get promoted, where the owner as used their connection with a foreign club to circumnavigate the rules imposed on all the other clubs.

Even more annoyingly the EFL don't want to take any action to close these loopholes.

So yes, while I have a problem with the club, I don't begrudge the fans their moment of glory. They like every fan, have no input into how the club is run and can only react to what happens out on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Honestly I find the delusion insufferable. Now the fat, Greek bakery hater is doing interviews telling the fans to look forward to winning trophies.

Hostage to fortune. They'll have their work cut out just to survive. Better to accept the likelihood of relegation and make sure if it happens they can bounce straight back. If they get their recruitment right, they'll give themselves a chance of survival, but talk of trophies raises expectations that are already OTT amongst the primitive majority of their fanbase. 

Does anyone remember the last time there was a big contentious (wrong) decision in a Championship playoff final? Seems typical that there hasn't seemed to have been one for years, and then when VAR is brought in to stop them there's two wrong decisions in the same game.

30 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Hostage to fortune. They'll have their work cut out just to survive. Better to accept the likelihood of relegation and make sure if it happens they can bounce straight back. If they get their recruitment right, they'll give themselves a chance of survival, but talk of trophies raises expectations that are already OTT amongst the primitive majority of their fanbase. 

I dread to think how many times “2 European cups” has been said today. 40 f****** years ago! Bamfords.

17 minutes ago, JfR said:

Does anyone remember the last time there was a big contentious (wrong) decision in a Championship playoff final? Seems typical that there hasn't seemed to have been one for years, and then when VAR is brought in to stop them there's two wrong decisions in the same game.

Jon Moss made the two decisions, he said they weren't penalties. VAR just deemed it not clear and obvious enough to overturn the decision.

18 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Thank you all for the (mostly) kind comments. Yesterday certainly was a lot of fun. 

I will add, if you thought getting upto the premier league might inject some humility into my posts.. 

the wolf of wall street GIF

At least we might win more games than you next season, I said might ?.