Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Oh dear. Think you'll find your post is likely to be deleted after accusing somebody of fraud, which is not true in the slightest. You don't think Morris and your owner are comparable, but that's purely your own opinion. This isn't finger pointing - you got upset because we were criticising your owner - you won't find anybody here praising Morris. ? 

You've sold half a dozen players to Olympiakos at inflated fees to bypass FFP. Look I get you are a bit touchy having having these accusations levelled at you, but We SoLD oTHeR PlAYers is not a defence. All clubs including Derby have to sell players to survive in the Championship - most of us don't have a dodgy benefactor who will buy any old poo for mega bucks to get around the rules. Even with the players you've sold you've still lost more than £150 million over the last ten years and a good portion of that has come under Maranakis.

You are in exactly the same position as we were a few years ago. Your wage bill is sky high, you are haemorrhaging money, making gigantic losses each year and you are gambling everything on promotion. The only difference between your club and our club is that your benefactor hasn't yet decided to cut and run and leave you in the poo. If Marinakis decides to do the same you will find yourself in exactly the same position.

It’s a good job they’ve got an owner with close ties to the city who has been a fan his whole life. He’ll definitely keep pouring money in, season after season, and not grow impatient after missing out on the play offs year after year. I wouldn’t be too worried if I was them. They’ll be fine. 

Unfortunately, as much as I’d love a few other clubs to get their comeuppance and go through the same poo we’re going through for exploiting loopholes (Boro and Forest I’m looking at you). I suspect that our debacle will prove to be the catalyst to the EFL getting their poo together.

like it or not, Forest are almost as big a club as us. Imagine if, after all this, the EFL hasn’t learnt any lessons and Forest are in a similar position. That simply won’t be allowed to happen any more, I don’t think. 

best we can hope for us the efl close the loophole, tell Forest they can’t do it anymore, and that hamstrings Forest enough that they spend the next decade in mid-table obscurity and the owner bails out. 

32 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Unfortunately, as much as I’d love a few other clubs to get their comeuppance and go through the same poo we’re going through for exploiting loopholes (Boro and Forest I’m looking at you). I suspect that our debacle will prove to be the catalyst to the EFL getting their poo together.

like it or not, Forest are almost as big a club as us. Imagine if, after all this, the EFL hasn’t learnt any lessons and Forest are in a similar position. That simply won’t be allowed to happen any more, I don’t think. 

best we can hope for us the efl close the loophole, tell Forest they can’t do it anymore, and that hamstrings Forest enough that they spend the next decade in mid-table obscurity and the owner bails out. 

We need Forest to beat Cardiff tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

We need Forest to beat Cardiff tomorrow.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m forests biggest fan this weekend. Bigger fish to fry this season than petty rivalries. I’d even support Boro vs Cardiff at the minute.

I hope Forest remember those 3 points we gifted them the other season that saved them from relegation. 

1 hour ago, alanmarklewis said:

Signing Surridge from Stoke, possibly beneficial for us seeing as Cardiff were in for him..

Stoke wanted him out the door once they realised how poor he was in addition to his constant diving since they signed him in the transfer window earlier this season - should suit the Red dogs 

I feel dirty, I just thought how funny it would be if Notts Forest pipped Middlesbrough to the last playoff spot.

I would spend the summer writing to Mr Gibson pointing out how ironic it was that he spent the season in a vendetta against Mel Morris and Derby about trangressions which were so 2019 when he was being mugged by this years FFP dodge selling players between your own clubs.

They're incredibly insecure, aren't they? 

Rattled by the amazing show of strength and togetherness by all Derby fans on Sunday, another astounding display of character by the team, and their own lamentable performance at Cardiff, it will only take a couple of weak showings at poo-Tip on Trent for Lurch to start feeling the heat and the honeymoon will be well and truly over. Their season will then, once again, be defined by what WE do, in order to mask their own failure.

Truly, the most fickle set of fans around are just waiting to implode again.