Has the lockdown(s) made you care more about Derby?

RoyMac5

Has the pandemic made you care more about Derby?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

I think if we'd been doing well, it would have been light relief and something positive to hold onto.

As it's been a complete horror show, I've disengaged completely and masochistically wanted us to go down.

So it's a 'meh' from me... And I'm not seeing the new season as a beacon of hope sadly!

On the bright side at least we're not managed by Paul Jewell any more...

Are you sure? I am seeing many, many similarities! 

A lot less if anything, along side the football we have played and the results I've been abit apathetic compared to usual. 

Once I go to a game again I'll probably be alot more enthusiastic, not been since the Man U game last February. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

16 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, I can't wait until it's feasible to get into the ground and cheer on the team. 

It costs me a fortune in travel but that somehow makes it more special. 

I, like many, have to get used to being surrounded by other people but I want the thrill of the game back. 

TV doesn't quite cut it. 

Totally agree. Armchair supporter I am not...  I found it tough not travelling over to home and away games .  weekends with out live football was the biggest mental issue of the Rona pandemic,

After doing Italy and Denmark in euros was like having sex again for first time... ? 

Walking to a stadium then walking up the steps into stadia Olympic Stadium in Rome was awesome 

IMG-20210704-WA0047.jpg

I’m only going because it’s how I keep in touch with my brother. 
I’ve lost more and more respect for everything to do with football, with its shameless money grabbing all round. 
And I’m sad to say that we have become an example of all the worst behaviours. What makes it worse is that we’re not even very good at that! We’ve all complained about Leicester, Leeds, QPR, and Aston Villa breaking the rules, but they did it effectively. We made a complete hash of it. 
I look back now to the halcyon days of 2014 with a nostalgic tear in my eye. And yet in reality that was a very brief period sandwiched been long periods of turgid fare. And so I find myself wondering if it really was as good as I remember, or is it elevated by what happened before and since. I recall Hal’s soliloquy in Henry IV pt 1:

“…And like bright metal on a sullen ground, 
My reformation, glitt’ring o’er my fault, 
Shall show more goodly and attract more eyes 
Than that which hath no foil to set it off.”

So in summary, I’ve not missed it, indeed absence has made the heart grow less fond, but I’ll keep going for the sake of family bonding. 

5 hours ago, ck- said:

I’m only going because it’s how I keep in touch with my brother. 
I’ve lost more and more respect for everything to do with football, with its shameless money grabbing all round. 
And I’m sad to say that we have become an example of all the worst behaviours. What makes it worse is that we’re not even very good at that! We’ve all complained about Leicester, Leeds, QPR, and Aston Villa breaking the rules, but they did it effectively. We made a complete hash of it. 
I look back now to the halcyon days of 2014 with a nostalgic tear in my eye. And yet in reality that was a very brief period sandwiched been long periods of turgid fare. And so I find myself wondering if it really was as good as I remember, or is it elevated by what happened before and since. I recall Hal’s soliloquy in Henry IV pt 1:

“…And like bright metal on a sullen ground, 
My reformation, glitt’ring o’er my fault, 
Shall show more goodly and attract more eyes 
Than that which hath no foil to set it off.”

So in summary, I’ve not missed it, indeed absence has made the heart grow less fond, but I’ll keep going for the sake of family bonding. 

So nice to see someone quoting a bit of Shakespeare on here. I think it is about time we had a cull of the riff raff that come on here, and the forum becomes exclusive to erudite, well-educated gentlemen. Where is Shakespeare nowadays anyone? Still with the Villa?

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

So nice to see someone quoting a bit of Shakespeare on here. I think it is about time we had a cull of the riff raff that come on here, and the forum becomes exclusive to erudite, well-educated gentlemen. Where is Shakespeare nowadays anyone? Still with the Villa?

For all the wrist slashers

'How bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes!’

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

So nice to see someone quoting a bit of Shakespeare on here. I think it is about time we had a cull of the riff raff that come on here, and the forum becomes exclusive to erudite, well-educated gentlemen.

Couldn't agree more, @i-Ram Here is part of a sonnet for the poor souls who incur the wrath of other members by posting something poorly worded (usually after they have had a tipple on an empty stomach)!?

'When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes

I all alone beweep my outcast state...'

In case you were wondering, I am posting on behalf of an embarassed friend. ?

Edited by Miggins

I’ll still travel down from Leeds. Catch up with my Derby based mates. Don’t know if it’s harder following the Rams  living in Derby where you can wallow with fellow fans or harder in Leeds (where all my friends know I’m a Derby ST holder) and having to put up with their new found success. The two cities are very much at polar opposites at the moment and it’s hard not to be envious of their future tbh. But, Derby in the blood so a Rams win always easily puts me on cloud nine ?

37 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Thanks for the heads up @VulcanRam, and yet, looking at his photograph, he looks so well-bred and CLEAN!! Just goes to show. You never can tell!! ?  The co-op from now on I think.

Mmmh. The incident at Tesco’s was unfortunate. I was at the meat counter, selecting my favourite cut of beef. The lady assistant bent over into the cabinet and to this day I am sure she meant fill it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2021 at 16:59, Dethorn said:

I think I might have wandered off

Not a big loss though - like you a fair way travel to a home game - I try to make one a season and Bristol City away.

It is not just covid and lock-down though - it is all the other stuff too - probably starting with the Lawrence, Bennett and Keogh incident.

I also feel I got on the Lampard bubble which made the fall even harder.

We will see - I am aware of 4 live TV games by 10/09/21 - I have made a mental note to self to try not to watch 2 of them cos it usually hurts too much - but I think I will inevitably fail.

I guess it is a similar thing to cold turkey though

Managed to sort of not watch last nights game - recorded it with 25 minutes left and watched it after wifey had gone to bed.

Still annoyed with Football - Festy dived, their guy dived from 14 yards outside the box, two wrongs make a wronger in my opinion, oh and booking Joz for someone headbutting his foot !!!

Biggest highlight in that 25 mins was Watson - could be some player there

32 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Managed to sort of not watch last nights game - recorded it with 25 minutes left and watched it after wifey had gone to bed.

Still annoyed with Football - Festy dived...

If you watched from various angles it looks like the guy clipped him or got his foot under Festy's and at the pace he runs at, well not surprising he goes down!

image.png.996a0ee825b491ac1f6fe252ad8c5466.pngimage.png.041fc6e7c2df68b2bc22bcb6db86d41c.png

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you watched from various angles it looks like the guy clipped him or got his foot under Festy's and at the pace he runs at, well not surprising he goes down!

image.png.996a0ee825b491ac1f6fe252ad8c5466.pngimage.png.041fc6e7c2df68b2bc22bcb6db86d41c.png

Oh sorry do not get me wrong - it is the definition of a modern day penalty

But if his baby was inside that six yard box that was on fire he would definitely not even notice that.

Haven't lived in Derby for over 30 years, and for a lot of that I was either in Aberdeen and or in various places around the globe.
Happened to be back in London when the lockdown started, and now I've moved to Mexico, so weirdly for me nothing's changed.

I was watching on RamsTV before lockdown, I watched RamsTV during lockdown and now I'm back watching RamsTV after lockdown. Only regret is for the year or so I was back in London, I only managed to get to one game in person which was Scunthorpe United in the EFL first round last year.

So 'same' for me