Has the lockdown(s) made you care more about Derby?

RoyMac5

Has the pandemic made you care more about Derby?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wondered, as we get close to the start of a (nearly normal) new season, how you feel about Derby? I've realised that I've leaned more on watching the Rams, even though it's not at the stadium, than I thought. For me it has helped to normalise the pandemic situation. Things haven't been as good as we as fans might hope - although I did enjoy the final game of the season! But it's all about to start again, so 'Come on You Rams'!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wondered, as we get close to the start of a (nearly normal) new season, how you feel about Derby? I've realised that I've leaned more on watching the Rams, even though it's not at the stadium, than I thought. For me it has helped to normalise the pandemic situation. Things haven't been as good as we as fans might hope - although I did enjoy the final game of the season! But it's all about to start again, so 'Come on You Rams'!

Yeah, I can't wait until it's feasible to get into the ground and cheer on the team. 

It costs me a fortune in travel but that somehow makes it more special. 

I, like many, have to get used to being surrounded by other people but I want the thrill of the game back. 

TV doesn't quite cut it. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Options two and three could both be the same. Probably needed to say less for the second one. ?

I did think that some fans will have 'wandered off' or thought of other things to do. I don't think it would have been quite as bearable for me being locked down without Derby to watch on RamsTV. #COYR

Very jealous of all you Rams able to attend the matches. Might have to see if I can get away tickets for some southern games now we can afford to go. #TheMightyRams

It's not made me more invested but I guess I'm looking forward to going again more than I usually would because it's been such a long wait. I have followed on rams tv more than I usually would with the games as previously I'd have just stuck with the radio for the games I couldn't get to. 

Good question.

I've had a season ticket for 27 years.

Bar the Lampard season. The last couple under Cocu I lost the buzz massively.

I wasn't enjoying the match itself. The matchday experience I love. The pub before etc.

Same with away days. Looked forward to the day but invariably the football would ruin it.

I found myself leaving games early which I never did before. 

The football was awful, I don't like what we've become under Mel Morris.

After the season finished I was always like this isn't for me anymore. I think I'm gonna just go to odd games here and there now. I'll still support Derby. I love Derby. 

I think being in the same league for so long has removed some excitement, midweek games on the red button too. Made it easy not to go to games on a Tuesday night. Playing teams at home like Reading, Preston etc on a Tuesday night isn't exactly lighting the fire in my belly.

But I always renewed. Always had that fear of missing out. What if I don't go next season and that's the season we finally do it.

Last season taught me that my fear of missing out was unfounded.

So for the first time in 27 years, next season I won't be renewing. 

I'll get tickets for odd games here and there. 

But I've come to a point where the club isn't what I recognise anymore. I hate everything that comes with this club at the moment. 

I'll go back at some point. But for now. I don't want to go.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good question.

I've had a season ticket for 27 years.

Bar the Lampard season. The last couple under Cocu I lost the buzz massively.

I wasn't enjoying the match itself. The matchday experience I love. The pub before etc.

Same with away days. Looked forward to the day but invariably the football would ruin it.

I found myself leaving games early which I never did before. 

The football was awful, I don't like what we've become under Mel Morris.

After the season finished I was always like this isn't for me anymore. I think I'm gonna just go to odd games here and there now. I'll still support Derby. I love Derby. 

I think being in the same league for so long has removed some excitement, midweek games on the red button too. Made it easy not to go to games on a Tuesday night. Playing teams at home like Reading, Preston etc on a Tuesday night isn't exactly lighting the fire in my belly.

But I always renewed. Always had that fear of missing out. What if I don't go next season and that's the season we finally do it.

Last season taught me that my fear of missing out was unfounded.

So for the first time in 27 years, next season I won't be renewing. 

I'll get tickets for odd games here and there. 

But I've come to a point where the club isn't what I recognise anymore. I hate everything that comes with this club at the moment. 

I'll go back at some point. But for now. I don't want to go.

That's a real shame and the Board should be shown your post. 

Any business venture relies on its customers, of which we are but a part. 

If customers lose faith in a company it is doomed to failure. 

I hope you are in the minority but totally respect your stance. 

Just to add to what I said earlier. 

Last season I paid for one game. Blackburn at home. 

Obviously we all know how that went.

I was disgusted with that. Players didn't look like they cared or put any effort in.

After that I refused to pay for anymore. I don't see why I should care if the players don't.

I think it everything was normal and I had a season ticket last season. It would have been the final straw for me.

Last season was dire. But I fear this season maybe even worse.

This is a hard answer, because everything that's going on at this club makes me ashamed, embarrassed, frustrated, angry and it does hurt. Without all this, I can imagine I would have been absolutely buzzing to go back and sing some songs, enjoy some live football again.

As it is? Can't wait to go watch Belper Town start their league campaign.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

That's a real shame and the Board should be shown your post. 

Any business venture relies on its customers, of which we are but a part. 

If customers lose faith in a company it is doomed to failure. 

I hope you are in the minority but totally respect your stance. 

It is mate. 

I get that we are customers. But I hate the term. We're supporters. We'll always be here.

This is what football has become though. We are just seen as customers now.

The club doesn't care. The way they have treated the fans recently is nothing short of disgusting.

Mel Morris is constantly in the news, doing interviews when things are going well.

The second it all goes wrong, the second the supporters want answers they deserve, he's gone.

The fans deserve more and they deserve to be treated better.

I think for me it's very much similar to what others have already touched on.

It's combination of things which has made me lose my interest in recent times. Obviously not being able to go to games has contributed, because it's just not the same. I don't get to see the same faces that I only see at the football, I don't get to have a beer with my dad and my football mates, talk about what's happened since I last saw them, there's more to Derby County and match days than just watching football for 90 minutes. But then again, even if I went now it wouldn't be the same until fully capacity, so perhaps I'm just holding fire because I don't want a watered down match day experience, I'd rather just wait.

Restaurants opened again and I rushed out because I missed it, but I'm not doing that with the football. For the first time in a long time I've not been bothered about going to pre-season games, or getting excited about when I can go and see them again after a break. Is it due to my routine changing and once it comes back it'll be business as usual? I don't know.

The next contributing factor is just the state of the club at the moment, it's embarrassing going from one ridiculous headline to the next and I think this is part of the reason I'm just not rushing back, I'm not looking at who we might sign (obviously this is slightly difference due to current circumstances), I'm just disinterested and letting the circus continue until the first sign of hope of us going in the right direction because otherwise it'll just get me down.

This is how I'm feeling about Derby at the minute, I'm just looking forward to going back to a bit of normality, going to games and seeing my football mates, having a beer and having some hope that Derby make me be proud again on and off the pitch.

1 minute ago, Lander said:

This is how I'm feeling about Derby at the minute, I'm just looking forward to going back to a bit of normality, going to games and seeing my football mates, having a beer and having some hope that Derby make me be proud again on and off the pitch.

I know how you feel. I was feeling hopeful when Wayne gave his post match speech about dignity and pride (or whatever terms he used) and then so disappointed with the hotel incident. But still I hope that he can grow with us as a club, none of us are perfect. #COYR