Tickets for Huddersfield Match

Arsene Titman

2 hours ago, Nishfan said:

This happened to us at the Man United friendly. A steward said it happened to a few people & we had to pop round to the window that sorts such things on match days  (sorry don’t know what it’s called). Wasn’t a problem at all though, very easily resolved 

What does it look like when you open the PDF up on your computer screen?

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

The tickets related to specific seats and people went to them.

We took one look and asked the nearest steward if we could sit to one side (in our usual seats as it happens) and he said yes.

Several groups followed suit, hence the stragglers both sides of the main blocks.

Even people coming in late were insisting on pushing along rows to the seat they had bought, disturbing everyone else. Made me laugh when there's loads of spare seats.

Angieram - The problem is that especially in the center blocks in the West Stand pretty much all seats were sold.

As soon as a Steward says "Sit anywhere" it all goes wrong and that happened last night.

Sorry - but either a ticket should say "Unrestricted Seating" or stick to your seat. Thats what Stewarts should be told.

1 hour ago, David said:

Not sure if you've seen but the club announced that season tickets should be on sale in the next 7-14 days, once they do it should clear all this up with your seat reserved for you from last season. 

Understand your frustration, first game back, you want to be sure you're around all your mates, but looking at the fixtures this should only really effect the one game, Huddersfield, that's if a season ticket holder has no morals and selects yours and your mates seats before you all get chance to.

Hi David, do you have a link to the season ticket news?

2 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

Hi David, do you have a link to the season ticket news?

Although 2021/22 Season Tickets have not yet been made available, the club is finalising matchday logistics following the UK Government’s recent lifting of lockdown restrictions and expects Season Tickets to go on sale within the next 7-14 days. A detailed update will be issued in due course.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/07/huddersfield-town-and-salford-city-ticket-information

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What does it look like when you open the PDF up on your computer screen?

That’s a good question; I can’t remember. We printed it off in a hurry just before we left for the match. To be honest we didn’t notice!

it was only picked up when we couldn’t in using them but was sorted very quickly 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

No distancing last night.

However, I did see someone on Twitter saying they'd chosen a seat in a different stand for Huddersfield  as they were thinking of moving and were trying it out. Of course, you're going to choose one of the best seats so it likely belongs to someone else! 

You can't legislate for folk! 

To those asking about social distancing between seats, there won't be any. 

I'm one of those thinking of moving my ST, so for the Huddersfield game have got a ticket elsewhere, which I imagine will be where someone else usually sits. When we got them they were still available, so if people really are soooooo bothered that that HAVE to sit in the same seat they've sat in from the moment the world began, they should have been quicker off the mark. 

When STs go on sale in the next week or so, I imagine you'd get first refusal on "your" seat (just in case anyone thinks they actually own the seat, they don't), so it should only be for one game. I'm sure watching it from a new angle, with a new experience, could actually be quite good fun. I'm in the West Stand for Huddersfield and giving the South Stand a go for the first time ever for the Salford game. I very much imagine when STs go back on sale I'll stick with where I've been for yonks in the East Stand up near the away fans, but only because I like it, not because I think I've got some kind of God-given right. 

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

To those asking about social distancing between seats, there won't be any. 

I'm one of those thinking of moving my ST, so for the Huddersfield game have got a ticket elsewhere, which I imagine will be where someone else usually sits. When we got them they were still available, so if people really are soooooo bothered that that HAVE to sit in the same seat they've sat in from the moment the world began, they should have been quicker off the mark. 

When STs go on sale in the next week or so, I imagine you'd get first refusal on "your" seat (just in case anyone thinks they actually own the seat, they don't), so it should only be for one game. I'm sure watching it from a new angle, with a new experience, could actually be quite good fun. I'm in the West Stand for Huddersfield and giving the South Stand a go for the first time ever for the Salford game. I very much imagine when STs go back on sale I'll stick with where I've been for yonks in the East Stand up near the away fans, but only because I like it, not because I think I've got some kind of God-given right. 

Not a God given right, however if you have sat in that seat for the last 15 yrs or so, you have probably done it for a reason.  Built friendships up with people you sit with etc. The seats we have payed for every year are more expensive than others in the stand. I sit with a group of friends and I would be a bit miffed if I had my seat booked by someone who has payed for a cheaper seat who happens to get on line before me ( I work nights). 

Edited by Ruud Aralliss

4 hours ago, England Ram said:

It is a setting on your laptop or printer. 
It happened to mine a while ago. 

I updated the print driver and also your pdf software and that should sort it. 

If not, try and copy the pdf into a word doc as a picture and see if that helps. 

Advice from the ticket office - try using another device but an Apple one ?

I just booked tickets for both Hudds and Salford in totally different seats to my usuals ones. I figured it will be good to see if it’s a different/better experience elsewhere. One game right behind the goal and one right on half way line. 

Apologies if I stole your seat ?

51 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I just booked tickets for both Hudds and Salford in totally different seats to my usuals ones. I figured it will be good to see if it’s a different/better experience elsewhere. One game right behind the goal and one right on half way line. 

Apologies if I stole your seat ?

We did the almost exactly the same?

I’m In the really cheap seats, no one would want to steal mine. However didn’t realise I’ve missed a trick I could of sat in a expensive one for free! Gutted now ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’m In the really cheap seats, no one would want to steal mine. However didn’t realise I’ve missed a trick I could of sat in a expensive one for free! Gutted now ?‍♂️

Do we know that?
Has anyone actually done that today?  Upgraded their seat, and not been charged extra?

Must admit, I too am in the cheap seats (Cat D, I think?  NE Corner upper), but am more than happy with the view I have, so didn't consider attempting to "upgrade".  ?