The Championship 21/22

Day

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, but I was pointing out that we are taking actions to slow down the increase of our wages, and now decrease them before we ran 10 miles past the regulations.

the fact you got academy players in your squad after you had embargos forced upon you and were forced down that route isnt much of a counter point

We were doing that too. We were unaware that the EFL were going to change their mind on our previously acceptable accounting method else we might have changed our spending policy earlier!

So do your homework before you come on here trying to wag your finger at us.

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, but I was pointing out that we are taking actions to slow down the increase of our wages, and now decrease them before we ran 10 miles past the regulations.

the fact you got academy players in your squad after you had embargos forced upon you and were forced down that route isnt much of a counter point

We were charged in January 2020.

19/20: Bogle, Lowe, Roos (U21/23 signing), Bird, Knight, and Sibley all regulars. Whittaker, Buchanan, Bennett, JML, JBrown and JHI had some minutes on the pitch too.

I think we've been top 2 for minutes given to academy graduates 3 seasons on the bounce, and top 2 for minutes given to U21s.

21 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Minutes given to academy graduates and U21s this season.

image.thumb.png.42d1e04f7cdc9bc5740f5fd5c26d0c15.png

Academy = as per Transfermarkt in current squad.
U21 = currently 21 or younger.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Minutes given to academy graduates and U21s this season.

image.thumb.png.42d1e04f7cdc9bc5740f5fd5c26d0c15.png

Academy = as per Transfermarkt in current squad.
U21 = currently 21 or younger.

In fairness didn't Birmingham bin their academy off? I'm sure I read about it a while ago. 

On 24/01/2022 at 14:54, JamesBCFC said:

As did we. We only had one season where we piddled all our money away on transfers. It was all downhill after that. Basically every season since Clement was in charge we've at worse broken even on transfer dealings and have been cutting the wage bill for years. Academy players have been a big part of the squad well before we were embargoed.

As i said previously you sound a lot like Derby fans did before the EFL decided to come after us. Not saying you will breach ffp, but i wouldnt be so confident or so critical of Derby when your club are also piddling huge quantities of money away. Your team isnt exactly tearing up the leagye atm.

56 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

West brom 0 Preston 2.

All getting a bit toxic down at the Hawthorns. Gaps in the crowd, people leaving early and fans booing the players off the pitch.

I feel sorry for them with those parachute payments and 5th place . Sometimes you need to reflect that others are worse off than being a few weeks of liquidation. I shall participate in a spot of self flagellation as penance then off to a bed of nails.