2021/2022 Pre-Season Friendlies

tinman

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, a team of perma under-achievers led by a former player (who cuts cut a remarkable amount of slack based on being a former player) with an owner who is "not popular" come to Pride Park to face Wayne Rooney's Derby County.

Hummmm. I am biased because I have red Mancunian blood, but Considering the recent ascendancy of Man City and Klops Liverpool revolution I reckon United have managed to stay at least competitive which says something given their owners who are a toxic bunch in my book. Mel is just short of ready money after investing it in running an enterprise that lost money before he came along, and continues to do so on a regular basis . The Glazers however, mortgaged a profitable (and cash in the bank)  Man United just  to buy it and turn it in to what they call a “franchise” laden with debt. 

As for Ole .. he walks on water as far as I am concerned. He put the ball in the Germans net. 
Vs Derby .. I am a Ram without hesitation, but against anyone else I’m a Manchester boy. 

Hope I can see the game but don’t fancy my chances

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Slightly concerned that we appear to be booking friendlies against competent teams, our confidence will be shot to bits by the time the season kicks off.

Our confidence could be shot to bits if we played Spondon Dynamos, so we may as well hope for bigger gate receipts while we get tonked ?

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Slightly concerned that we appear to be booking friendlies against competent teams, our confidence will be shot to bits by the time the season kicks off.

2x 'big' home games to entice fans to take the full allocation available = more income plus more fans likely to buy on ramstv

If the 2 home games were against lower level opposition it would have meant it is less likely to sell the full allocation and less  ramstv payments.