Rooney judged harshly vs Nigel Clough

Mostyn6

It's not just the fact that Rooney only improved us by an almighty two places, it's the way it happened. It isn't a great squad and if the form had been more consistent people would be more sympathetic towards Rooney. As it is, it's fairly obvious he got lucky with the "new manager bounce" and had absolutely no answer how to turn the tide when things got tough. Come to think of it he also benefited from not having to field a lead weight in centre midfield, an option not afforded to Cocu.

"But muh Bielik injury!"

Yeah, yeah, one player being injured definitely excuses 7 points from 45.

Rooney marks are the worst.

Edited by Anon

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

? you on a crack pipe? 

Hulse, Albrechtsen, Leacock, Green, Commons, Pearson, Teale, McEveley, Davies, Bywater, and even Savage would ALL get into this team! Bloody hell, even Feilhaber, Sterjovski, Kazmierczac and Ellington would get into this team! 

only Clarke would get into the SQUAD that NC inherited! 

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You nearly had me

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Rooney had it tougher by a long way, than Nigel inherited. Yet Nigel credited with “saving” Derby from relegation when they were never in danger! 

There are some curious folk suggesting bringing Nigel Clough back to replace Rooney! 

Rooney HAS actually saved Derby from relegation. 

He deserves more respect than he’s getting and certainly should be judged at least equally, if not better than Nigel Clough. 

This must be a joke? Rooney got lucky both of them very poor for Derby and neither of them should be anywhere near this football club. I'd let critchley at Blackpool have a go he's done wonders there.

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

It's been a terrible season but it's done now.

Rooney will be manager next season so lets see what he can now do. He's already said after this season we'll play a certain way and not the game to game tactics of this season.

He needs to have backing too and get his own squad together.

Good to hear.

He also said "We need to sort it out quickly, what is going on. We need to move forward tonight. I have got plans in place, I need to move quick on those plans. We can't afford to have a season like we have just had. It is impossible for this club to allow ourselves to be in this position..."

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

4th from bottom?

Come on mate,seriously what improvements in reality have you seen that I haven't?

What has Wayne done better?

Would any other manager still be in a job?

John Smith certainly wouldn’t be. Nor would Alonso (if we takes over) keep him if his name wasn’t Wayne Rooney. 

Rooney had it tougher by a long way, than Nigel inherited. Yet Nigel credited with “saving” Derby from relegation when they were never in danger! 

There are some curious folk suggesting bringing Nigel Clough back to replace Rooney! 

He deserves more respect than he’s getting and certainly should be judged at least equally, if not better than Nigel Clough. 

eh???   We have been absolute garbage!!  Can you say the football has been any better than under Clough (which was a hard watch for  the main).  Get him and the crowd with him gone

Don't diss the Rooney 

3 minutes ago, popside ossie end popside said:

eh???   We have been absolute garbage!!  Can you say the football has been any better than under Clough (which was a hard watch for  the main).  Get him and the crowd with him gone

I’d like to see how we could play with capable players. We’ve had no striker all season! So, no, I’m not saying the football has been better. But when we were bottom of the league, I’d have taken last day safety over fluid football and relegation. 

51 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ll answer you all in one post. LEARN to read. I’m talking about what Clough did with what he inherited from Jewell and how he’s regarded as a saving us from relegation! Rooney inherited far worse and actually did save us! 

As for Marlon Pack saving us, that’s a nonsense. This is a 46 game season. Why is Pack’s goal more important than Waghorn’s penalty. 

anyone who praises Clough for saving Derby in 2009, but not Rooney for this season is both a hypocrite and lacking in integrity. 

Must have started on the pedigree early today

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Good to hear.

He also said "We need to sort it out quickly, what is going on. We need to move forward tonight. I have got plans in place, I need to move quick on those plans. We can't afford to have a season like we have just had. It is impossible for this club to allow ourselves to be in this position..."

Yep, new Manager needs to come in RoyMac, let’s stop the nonsense and have a fresh start eh ?

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Are people forgetting just how harsh people were towards Nigel Clough in his first couple of easons?

I remember on the old 606 plenty wanted him gone after every loss.

One of the main culprits from those days is the OP of this thread. He's like a dog with a bone.

I'd wonder if Nigel slept with his missus or something, but everyone knows that Clough is too boring to have an affair.

Edited by Anon

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Yep, new Manager needs to come in RoyMac, let’s stop the nonsense and have a fresh start eh ?

And then we have a six month wait whilst the new players gel and the new manager beds in ??‍♂️ 

Just now, Anon said:

One of the main culprits from those days is the OP of this thread. He's like a dog with a bone.

“Culprit”? Bit dramatic eh?

took me 18months to raise doubts over Clough. 

I’ll answer you all in one post. LEARN to read. I’m talking about what Clough did with what he inherited from Jewell and how he’s regarded as a saving us from relegation! Rooney inherited far worse and actually did save us! 

As for Marlon Pack saving us, that’s a nonsense. This is a 46 game season. Why is Pack’s goal more important than Waghorn’s penalty. 

anyone who praises Clough for saving Derby in 2009, but not Rooney for this season is both a hypocrite and lacking in integrity. 

LEARN to read.??...wow, you do have a certain way. Although I see you say it’s not a dig at Clough, it didn’t take you long to raise it. On today of all days when most of us are just relieved we have stayed in the Championship. Can’t see why it matters so much to you.