Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"...Asked if he fears he might lose more players this month, Rooney said: "I don't know, honestly I don't know. That's out of my control.

"My relationship with the players is built on trust and honesty. I can't look them in the eye, and where we are at at the minute, and give them anything, really, only just prepare them and get them ready [for matches].

"Any decisions made like Shinnie, for instance, will be through the administrators. I want to keep all the players.

I saw a report saying I told the players that they could leave, which is not the case. Maybe that has been misinterpreted. What I said to the players is if you want any information, if clubs are in [for you] there is nothing I can do, you have to go to the administrators, they are the ones who are making the decisions."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-wigan-transfer-shinnie-6500248?ghg=

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

This really couldn't have come at a worse time now could it. 

I do think Everton will want to appoint somebody soon though so they have time in the transfer window. Hopefully they already have a manager ready to go and is announced in the next 20 minutes. 

I agree, a sensible club would have lined up somebody already. 

I don't think I'd be ready for Rooney leaving to be added on top of the already heartbreaking situation we find ourselves in.

The compensation money would probably fund us until the end of the season at least, but would the club be as appealing if he goes? Sponsors, potential owners, players... all cited Rooney as a pulling factor for us. If he goes, do players decide they'll leave after all? Does the amount buyers are willing to pay drop?

I've seen enough this season with Rooney to tell me I want him to be involved with Derby for a long, long time. He's my favourite manager since McClaren 9 years ago, and if he keeps us up he'd definitely eclipse that. Maybe he would still even if we don't stay up.

I thought that if the worst comes to worst, and we end up with a phoenix club, Wayne and his American friends might want to buy us. He wouldn't manage us, but at least he's involved.

To summarise, I really do not want him to go to Everton. Not sure if I made that clear.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don't think I'd be ready for Rooney leaving to be added on top of the already heartbreaking situation we find ourselves in.

The compensation money would probably fund us until the end of the season at least, but would the club be as appealing if he goes? Sponsors, potential owners, players... all cited Rooney as a pulling factor for us. If he goes, do players decide they'll leave after all? Does the amount buyers are willing to pay drop?

I've seen enough this season with Rooney to tell me I want him to be involved with Derby for a long, long time. He's my favourite manager since McClaren 9 years ago, and if he keeps us up he'd definitely eclipse that. Maybe he would still even if we don't stay up.

I thought that if the worst comes to worst, and we end up with a phoenix club, Wayne and his American friends might want to buy us. He wouldn't manage us, but at least he's involved.

To summarise, I really do not want him to go to Everton. Not sure if I made that clear.

All of that massively - forget February the 1st the next 10 days will decide if we have a future