Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

Wasn't it said at the time that we wanted to renew Marriotts contract but were prevented from doing so by EFL sanctions, hence his return to Peterboro? 

That might have been more to get a transfer fee from his move rather than him going for nothing 

If Wayne Rooney is standing on the touch line tomorrow (no reason to believe he won’t be), I hope he gets massive encouragement from the fans backing and sends us with a rallying call post match.

This man (lucky to get the job or not), has been a shining light in a crap storm being thrown from ALL angles.

God I hope he sticks with us, because we bloody need him to keep positive and give everyone belief. 

I worry about us slipping into obscurity should Wayney end up either being forced to leave or the more lickly, mauving to Everton 

As soon as the WR man is gone sky will drop any remote interest in us ( no pun intended) , and if we end up in L1 , they’ll be even less interoisted in us - at least if we hid Wayno then we’d probably get most sky games and continued interest 

Coupled with this we’d be loising a good manager and leader - yes I know we were fed uup of being called Frank Cocuus Wayne’s Derby, but it did keep the spootlight on us .

maybe it would be a good thing to get an Ian Holloway type low brow manager but I fear if Roon goes then our squad will fall apart too - he’s bound to be a big draw for players , imagine having s choice between Derby with Wayne or Bolton in L1 if we were after a leading L2 goal scorer to bulster the attick- you’d want to sign for Rooney every time 

Perhops the solution will be to raise up Curtis along side our Liam ? 

Ease my worry fear laddened head….☹️??

17 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

If he goes to Everton I will bare no grudge he has been through the worst of times. 

He is the mortar holding this fortress together though. If he goes the walls will come crumbling down. Any more resistance will be finished. 

Agreed , it’s almost time…☹️

Collymore recommends, Parlour recommends, Robbie Savage recommends.  

Perhaps these **** **** could have been a bit more vocal and recommended Rooney has/had a bit more help here over the last 2 months.  No face in the paper with that though.  I imagine we'll have a week of orgasmic bullshittery from various ex players on Talk poo as of tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Collymore recommends, Parlour recommends, Robbie Savage recommends.  

Perhaps these **** **** could have been a bit more vocal and recommended Rooney has/had a bit more help here over the last 2 months.  No face in the paper with that though.  I imagine we'll have a week of orgasmic bullshittery from various ex players on Talk poo as of tomorrow.

Misjudged that. Started already

If he does go to Everton, i will bear no grudges for him, none whatsoever. The way the season started, a handful of pros with some kids and dad's army i thought we would get relegated and the season was going to be depressing and a total write off. Now even with -21 points, all the rubish off the pitch, we are loving what is going on the pitch and that is down to WR. the way the team is playing, the passion, the kids coming through, the fight on the pitch, it is turning out to be a great season and may be exceptional. 

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

He seems to have learnt an awful lot compared to his efforts last season. 

And what cannot be denied is the esprit du corps that he's built within the club. 

He has earned better. We all hoped that he would be facing a brighter future with us by now, but we're not there yet. 

So if he's selected he deserves the chance to go. Will he? No idea, but if he does, we should all applaud him anyway and wish him the best for the future. 

This risk was always there, notwithstanding the actions of Quantuma/Parry/Curly Sue/Quahog... 

If they do come in for Wayne then even if he does say I want to see this season out, all it will take is Moshiri to say I don’t want someone end of the season I want someone now and I’ll pursue other options - then he will an extremely difficult decision to make - Everton are his boyhood club. If they do come in I can’t see him staying, if he turned them down the get that statue built.

In the event Rooney goes, got to give the job to Rosenior.