Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

So, do we think a Rotherham draw tonight might be a good thing? 

Puts pressure on us to beat Wednesday which I think will make us play better than if we are fumbling our way to a draw. 

Given the team has the resiliance of wet toilet paper under pressure, i don't think any extra pressure from rotherham would be helpful.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Derby v. Sheffield Wednesday at home, during last 10 years, P 8, W 4, D 4.

Means nothing this weekend is a Cup Final in essence its a 1 off game winner takes all although it may turn out a draw would do

All we can ask is that the players give everything, before heading to Skegness on holiday. It’s obviously important we keep 11 on the pitch, Waggy makes me nervous, every time he lines up for a challenge. We need to be smart, Wednesday should also be going for it, and yellow cards may be branded like confetti.

UTR

29 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Means nothing this weekend is a Cup Final in essence its a 1 off game winner takes all although it may turn out a draw would do

Quite right, I do like a sense of history though?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

So, do we think a Rotherham draw tonight might be a good thing? 

Puts pressure on us to beat Wednesday which I think will make us play better than if we are fumbling our way to a draw. 

I'm not sure pressure on our team is going to end well

Having a look at Wednesday's away form is encouraging, with 7 defeats from their last 8 away games. But when you look, they've played 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th in there, so they've not had simple games. 

Our home form is better, won 3, drawn 2 from our last 8. But we lost to Millwall and Birmingham fairly recently (11th and 18th), and drew with Forest (16th) - it just says to me we're capable, but we're capable of losing to anyone on a bad day.

I just can't call it. 

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I just can't call it. 

I can see two scenarios - 

A. Nail biting 60 minutes, still 0 - 0. Then we let in a really stupid goal. They win, we go down.

B. 15 minutes in, we score a spoony goal from out of nowhere, maybe an own goal. They flail about, we nick another (Lawrence?). Both teams end the game with 10 men but we stay up.

I just hope we can scrape a draw. 

Weds should have the momentum, it’s a last gasp opportunity for them that they possibly didn’t think they’d get for a great escape.

Whereas we’ve had multiple opportunities to put this beyond them and never taken it!

On 01/05/2021 at 17:03, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Give them the 3 points now and see if Rotherham can catch them. We won’t turn up as usual. Give them their money and tell them not to bother coming back. Hopefully next year we can start to assemble a team with a little character. 

I agree.

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I can see two scenarios - 

A. Nail biting 60 minutes, still 0 - 0. Then we let in a really stupid goal. They win, we go down.

B. 15 minutes in, we score a spoony goal from out of nowhere, maybe an own goal. They flail about, we nick another (Lawrence?). Both teams end the game with 10 men but we stay up.

A. ...and we fail to look like we give a damn.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Having a look at Wednesday's away form is encouraging, with 7 defeats from their last 8 away games. But when you look, they've played 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th in there, so they've not had simple games. 

Our home form is better, won 3, drawn 2 from our last 8. But we lost to Millwall and Birmingham fairly recently (11th and 18th), and drew with Forest (16th) - it just says to me we're capable, but we're capable of losing to anyone on a bad day.

I just can't call it. 

Wednesday have 8 points in the last month. I can call it fairly easy unless they surprise me. I'm not hopeful. 

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I just hope we can scrape a draw. 

Weds should have the momentum, it’s a last gasp opportunity for them that they possibly didn’t think they’d get for a great escape.

Whereas we’ve had multiple opportunities to put this beyond them and never taken it!

That’s the issue playing for a draw ?‍♂️

00E2FD7C-12B6-45BF-A7E7-D9D8BF96ADDA.png

Archived