Who hates DCFC???

Jimbo Ram

Although our existence barely registers in the incestuous world of premier league football, Derby are still one of the 'bigger' clubs in the EFL and at the start of the season were expected to be competing at the other end of the table. The prospect of our impending relegation is much more newsworthy to the media outlets, including Sky, and gives pundits more to talk about than that for, say, Rotherham who were always one of the favourites to go down. Add the continuing background pantomime into the mix and it amplifies interest and probably adds to a sense of schadenfreude rather than hatred. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

Although our existence barely registers in the incestuous world of premier league football, Derby are still one of the 'bigger' clubs in the EFL and at the start of the season were expected to be competing at the other end of the table. The prospect of our impending relegation is much more newsworthy to the media outlets, including Sky, and gives pundits more to talk about than that for, say, Rotherham who were always one of the favourites to go down. Add the continuing background pantomime into the mix and it amplifies interest and probably adds to a sense of schadenfreude rather than hatred. 

We also have "baddies" tag in most fans minds after the EFL charge and "ooohh they got away with it, get AC12 on the case" kind of thoughts, I don't think anyone cares that much outside of that deranged guy on the bristol city forum.

2 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I would say the guy behind me in the East stand hates Derby the most, easily more than Sky, he boos the players, mainly Keogh but also Camara, Roos or Lawrence, tells the manager whoever he is that he doesn’t know what he’s doing and complains about the price of his pie and bovril at half time. 

Hopefully Mel will calm down a bit once he's sold us and got some of his money back. 

3 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I would say the guy behind me in the East stand hates Derby the most, easily more than Sky, he boos the players, mainly Keogh but also Camara, Roos or Lawrence, tells the manager whoever he is that he doesn’t know what he’s doing and complains about the price of his pie and bovril at half time. 

I never knew it was YOU I sit behind.

7 hours ago, Curtains said:

We were victims when Brian decided against returning to Derby .

Them European Cups should of been ours 

Maybe they could have been ours, and the Juventus fiasco with the bent ref also.  Doesn't help now though does it?

6 hours ago, Taribo said:

This thread is embarrassing. Poor old Derby County everybody hates us!

Sky have been plenty good enough over the last few years - showing more of our games than many other teams in the Champ.

EFL have not docked us points (yet).

I don't care about the tabloids - they write crap about anyone. 

Showing so many of our games is a detriment to Rams TV purchasers in Canada and other "non-dark" areas.  We pay a monthly fee for less games as they ramp up their coverage.  As the promotion and play off places are settled they are showing the Swansea game with it's relegation threat to Derby.  If it goes to the last game of the season I'm betting the Sheff Wednesday game will be shown too.

Some games are not even available the following day as a full replay, only highlights, if you can call them that!

1 hour ago, MickD said:

Showing so many of our games is a detriment to Rams TV purchasers in Canada and other "non-dark" areas.  We pay a monthly fee for less games as they ramp up their coverage.  As the promotion and play off places are settled they are showing the Swansea game with it's relegation threat to Derby.  If it goes to the last game of the season I'm betting the Sheff Wednesday game will be shown too.

Some games are not even available the following day as a full replay, only highlights, if you can call them that!

Yep, SKY definitely hate us then 

2 hours ago, MickD said:

It's bad enough that games are not available in most regions because they're being shown on a pay per view site, but when they're not taken up by those sites and the game still isn't available it's annoying to say the least. Yes, I know it's in the rules and regulations before you sign up to RamsTV, but there are times when we get half the games blocked. Should I cancel my subscription for May? Saturday's game is unavailable, and the Sheffield game probably as well. I normally pay in the close season anyway, but it will be 3 months subscription with no games.

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agree. Think he’s actually a Wolves fan

Don Goodman has been more critical recently but on other occasions has been extremely complimentary, the 13-14 season notably. For those that think he’s negative about us listen to his summarising of our Brighton semi second leg. He was waxing lyrical about Derby “we’re a joy to watch” he mentioned several times.

Maguire, K is a Brighton fan and has been bitter as feck since that game, might explain a few things. Slightly odd given their recent success but he's quite a sad man.

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

From comments I take it as being:

1) EFL

2) SKY

3) Daily Mirror

4) Daily Fail

Am I missing anything else....please feel free to add just so I am clear......and the reason why they hate us if you like.....

I suspect non of those mentioned are really bothered enough to actually hate the club. I have a feeling that DCFC's relationship with the EFL will improve when Mr Morris has relinquished ownership. 

Archived