Who hates DCFC???

Jimbo Ram

Me. Yes me. I hate Derby. Season ticket since 1979. But I hate Derby and I actually hope we go down because we deserve to.

Mel has sucked every last bit of enthusiasm from me. 

Thanks Mel. You're clueless.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now, i feel.... ambivalent, is that the word? Ambivalent. 

I actually laughed to myself a few weeks back when it was clear we were in trouble. A few years back, I would have been hurt and angry, right now, I’m somewhere in the scale between embarrassed and uninterested in a club i have invested most of my adult life! 

Somewhere along the line, the club sold its soul! We lost our integrity in the pursuit of promotion. Many fans blame Mel for this, and whilst they might not be wrong, they’re probably complicit. Mel was encouraged and lauded for his antics, with many applauding his ability to live ‘rent free’ in the heads of Gibson, EFL, etc etc. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Right now, i feel.... ambivalent, is that the word? Ambivalent. 

I actually laughed to myself a few weeks back when it was clear we were in trouble. A few years back, I would have been hurt and angry, right now, I’m somewhere in the scale between embarrassed and uninterested in a club i have invested most of my adult life! 

Somewhere along the line, the club sold its soul! We lost our integrity in the pursuit of promotion. Many fans blame Mel for this, and whilst they might not be wrong, they’re probably complicit. Mel was encouraged and lauded for his antics, with many applauding his ability to live ‘rent free’ in the heads of Gibson, EFL, etc etc. 

To  a degree I get you. But not one of us was complicit in the stadium sale etc. We all thought he was running it properly. More fool us. Mel sat at a forum and said we had no problem with FFP. Didn't tell us why tho. Pretty sure he admitted his fortune was due to a lucky investment chance which he took up. He's completely clueless and is getting a free ride cos he's a local man.

I'm far from convinced he's even the fan he claims to be. Too much doesn't ring true for me. 

This isn't Mr Hindsight BTW. I said it years ago, just not on here. I don't post much. Too much baalocks on here to bother. I've just been to the Pub for the 1st time in eons tho.

7 minutes ago, Saul said:

I'm far from convinced he's even the fan he claims to be. Too much doesn't ring true for me. 

Mel has made many mistakes from appointing poor managers to letting them spend too much money, but he is a Derby fan. He stood on the terraces at the Baseball Ground and cheered on his home town club years before he made his dosh.

18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Mel has made many mistakes from appointing poor managers to letting them spend too much money, but he is a Derby fan. He stood on the terraces at the Baseball Ground and cheered on his home town club years before he made his dosh.

Yeah, I remember him telling us that. Was that before or after he told us we had no FFP issues. Forgot to mention that he'd sold the stadium tho didn't he? 

Big pinch of salt is required where Uncle Mel is concerned.

But feel welcome to keep believing what he says. 

If only he still spoke to us.

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Yeah, I remember him telling us that. Was that before or after he told us we had no FFP issues. Forgot to mention that he'd sold the stadium tho didn't he? 

Big pinch of salt is required where Uncle Mel is concerned.

But feel welcome to keep believing what he says. 

If only he still spoke to us.

I'm pretty certain he attended games back in 70's Saul. 

Archived