Who hates DCFC???

Jimbo Ram

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Don Goodman, don’t know why but when ever he commentates on us he slates us (even if we are winning, if I can remember those days correctly)  

Agree, I remember when we smashed Wolves 5-0 and it was how unlucky Wolves were, we were given the goals, and we were really fortunate to win, never mind score 5 goals. ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey, someone's baiting for replies aren't they? What an utterly pathetic suggestion, that there is some sort of hate squad that have an agenda against a club at the butt end of the Championship who haven't won anything for more than three decades. We are Derby County, a pretty insignificant club in the grand scheme of things. I am sure there are a few low life Forest or Leeds or Leicester fans out there who would be prepared to give you a thump because of the club you support but to suggest that whole newspapers or television channels or journalists have it in for us, sitting in ther offices plotting on what nasty thing they can throw at us today, is just bananas.

It's your view, you are entitled to it, but it's a bananas view.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Agree, I remember when we smashed Wolves 5-0 and it was how unlucky Wolves were, we were given the goals, and we were really fortunate to win, never mind score 5 goals. ?

But he's an ex-Wolves player, you'd expect that wouldn't you? It's not hate / bias against Derby, it's pro the club he used to play for, I'd suggest he would have been exactly the same if they had lost 5-0 to Barnsley.

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

But he's an ex-Wolves player, you'd expect that wouldn't you? It's not hate / bias against Derby, it's pro the club he used to play for, I'd suggest he would have been exactly the same if they had lost 5-0 to Barnsley.

He is exactly the same with whoever we are playing. That game was the worst, him being ex-wolves possibly made it worse, but he still criticises us every game he commentates on us. 

31 minutes ago, rynny said:

Well he did play for them!

15 minutes ago, rynny said:

He is exactly the same with whoever we are playing. That game was the worst, him being ex-wolves possibly made it worse, but he still criticises us every game he commentates on us. 

Maybe, but I personally am more inclined to believe we are a little too deeply washed in that 'underdog' spirit and see ghosts that are not there. But to suggest, as the OP did, that there is some sort of illuminati gathering in smoke filled rooms conjuring up ways to belittle DCFC energised by a deep rooted hatred of the club is, well, bananas.

For example, I know for a fact (don't ask how) that Kenny Burns - probably the most obvious example - does not 'hate' us. He enjoys the pantomime villain piece, has a job that is based upon him being the agent provocateur and gets paid for being biased. But it's only a game, and anyone who suggests it goes beyond and fuels hatred is, well, bananas.

The only reason certain media outlets seem to hate us is because we have an uncanny knack of providing them with cheap clickbait (negative) stories or reasons to speculate.

It's all of our own making, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

The only reason certain media outlets seem to hate us is because we have an uncanny knack of providing them with cheap clickbait (negative) stories or reasons to speculate.

It's all of our own making, unfortunately.

They don’t need much encouragement.

2 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Football fans are strange, want other fans to hate theIr club then complain when other fans hate their club! 

It’s not the fans it’s the media isn’t it we are talking about. 

Maybe it’s a fallacy 

1 hour ago, Taribo said:

This thread is embarrassing. Poor old Derby County everybody hates us!

Sky have been plenty good enough over the last few years - showing more of our games than many other teams in the Champ.

EFL have not docked us points (yet).

I don't care about the tabloids - they write crap about anyone. 

I would like this post, but... ? Slightly amusing that we think we're important enough to bother about. Only Rooney gives us any vague interest to the media, that and Mel-baiting.

22 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Maybe, but I personally am more inclined to believe we are a little too deeply washed in that 'underdog' spirit and see ghosts that are not there. But to suggest, as the OP did, that there is some sort of illuminati gathering in smoke filled rooms conjuring up ways to belittle DCFC energised by a deep rooted hatred of the club is, well, bananas.

For example, I know for a fact (don't ask how) that Kenny Burns - probably the most obvious example - does not 'hate' us. He enjoys the pantomime villain piece, has a job that is based upon him being the agent provocateur and gets paid for being biased. But it's only a game, and anyone who suggests it goes beyond and fuels hatred is, well, bananas.

Honestly I have probably heard him commentate on us over 30 times and he hasn't once gave us a compliment, if we win or draw it's because we were lucky or the other team were poor, if we lose it was deserved because we were poor and the other team are amazing. 

Whilst I agree that most of the accusations of us being hated are just ridiculous (and I wouldn't use the word hate really) there are some recently that especially seem to enjoy putting the boot in (Matt Hughes at the Mail for example). Kenny Burns obviously loves to wind us up, as you say it is just being a pantomime villain. I think Prutton is quite a decent pundit, doesn't really bother me with his predictions. Gibson, EFL, Sky etc none of them hate us, most are probably non plussed about us tbh. 

Archived