Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Wanted to take my two kids to this but no luck on London tickets, even when in queue before 9. Hopefully he'll do more dates, or maybe this might persuade Noel to reform! 

They need to do something about ticket sales and them immediately being on resale sites at hugely inflated prices. In this day and age there must be something they can do. What website were you trying on? I had 4 open in queues and got two in London on the Monday on AXS when the others seemed dead! 

35 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

They need to do something about ticket sales and them immediately being on resale sites at hugely inflated prices. In this day and age there must be something they can do. What website were you trying on? I had 4 open in queues and got two in London on the Monday on AXS when the others seemed dead! 

Congrats. Just looked on that viagogo joke website and if I put 4 tickets sitting together for the Tuesday at London, there are 44 different set if 4 available.

Trouble is, tout purchasing is in the promoter/venues interest as they sell as many tickets as possible. Assume it's pressure from these places that means touting is still legal.

It's one thing for dodgy characters to buy some extra tickets and try to flog them outaide the venue. Another thing for people to set up bots to buy loads if tickets, then sell them on websites ran/owned by the ticket companies.

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Congrats. Just looked on that viagogo joke website and if I put 4 tickets sitting together for the Tuesday at London, there are 44 different set if 4 available.

Trouble is, tout purchasing is in the promoter/venues interest as they sell as many tickets as possible. Assume it's pressure from these places that means touting is still legal.

It's one thing for dodgy characters to buy some extra tickets and try to flog them outaide the venue. Another thing for people to set up bots to buy loads if tickets, then sell them on websites ran/owned by the ticket companies.

It also encourages ticketbuyers to look at venues' extortionate premium packages when they wouldnt otherwise. They could just not allow resale until say a month before as would be ok for genuine resellers but touts couldnt afford to fund all their stock that long. I know there are more important things in the world but just another area where ord people are ripped off. Dont start me on London theatre pricing also!

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

It also encourages ticketbuyers to look at venues' extortionate premium packages when they wouldnt otherwise. They could just not allow resale until say a month before as would be ok for genuine resellers but touts couldnt afford to fund all their stock that long. I know there are more important things in the world but just another area where ord people are ripped off. Dont start me on London theatre pricing also!

We paid 170€ on the official site for tickets to see Coldplay (yes, I know......) in Barcelona in May that were in the same area as tickets for 105€ on first release. It's a complete ripoff, but unfortunately it's the only way to be sure that you will receive official tickets that haven't been sold 4 or 5 times over already. There were some people being turned away because the number on their ticket had already entered the stadium.

24 minutes ago, richinspain said:

We paid 170€ on the official site for tickets to see Coldplay (yes, I know......) in Barcelona in May that were in the same area as tickets for 105€ on first release. It's a complete ripoff, but unfortunately it's the only way to be sure that you will receive official tickets that haven't been sold 4 or 5 times over already. There were some people being turned away because the number on their ticket had already entered the stadium.

I can't understand people who pay huge money to touts these days. Was ok with physical ticket outside venue, but so dodgy just getting some link.

Also, those tragic deaths at Brixton seemed linked to a combination of dodgy tickets and doorstaff. That should be enough legalise against touts.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Rev said:

Lancashire Hotpots in a couple of weeks, Big Special a few weeks later, then Bruce Springsteen in Cardiff, early May.

I can't find a decent hotel for love nor money, so stopping in Hereford and catching the train in.

Love the Hotpots. I see they're coming back to Derby next year.

10 hours ago, admira said:

I'm doing Y-Not (Derbyshire) and Bestival (Shropshire) next year. Anyone done either before?

Thought we'd try something different.

Did Y Not when I was 18 in 2018. Nice little festival with good bands, and not as druggy as some of the bigger ones if that sort of thing puts you off.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

I'm heading to Bristol on Saturday to see Embrace play their firsr album all the way through. Saw them tour it the first time in Wolverhampton 25 years ago and was very surprised how mental the mosh was for mostly ballards.

One of the craziest mosh pits I went to was Shed 7 in York in 96 or 97. There was a mix of teenage girls who would normally go to pop concerts and big, older Yorkshire blokes. Everyone was falling over.

That was when Shed 7 were unfairly cast as a jokey Britpop band, unlike now when they are self-deprecating blokes who wrote some brilliant tunes...Going for Gold, Bully Boy, Chasing Rainbows. Just 3 that would grace anyones back catalouge.

On 04/11/2023 at 00:48, Carl Sagan said:

Seems such a dearth of decent new music at the moment. So just bought Tom Bailey (Thompson Twins) and Kaiser Chiefs for next spring. 

We could talk about why so many newer, international bands are not coming here anymore, but we don't want yet more entrenched views!