Shinnie..one trick pony..

Well what a great game this lad had. We know he can tackle and gives his all for the club but I think performance belied the often aired view that he has no vision or creativity. He even pinged a few cross field balls in between his superb assist and normal prolific closing down. He didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. Well done lad! I wish the rest of them had your drive!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Whatever league we are in next season Shinnie will have a key part to play.

Along with Clarke and Byrne, he can look back on this season with some satisfaction regarding his performances.

I wouldn't discard the thought that many of our decent players won't want to stick around if we relegate to League One. A few of them still have international hopes, who won't be looked at down there. You can certainly say goodbye to Bielik.

2 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

I wouldn't discard the thought that many of our decent players won't want to stick around if we relegate to League One. A few of them still have international hopes, who won't be looked at down there. You can certainly say goodbye to Bielik.

There’s absolutely no chance anyone buys Bielik this summer.

33 minutes ago, rustylee said:

Shinnie should get player of the season although I suspect Kazim will actually get it.

If a striker who’s scored seven goals and assisted twice in 34 appearances wins Player of the Season, what would that say about our season and the rest of the squad?

25 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

If a striker who’s scored seven goals and assisted twice in 34 appearances wins Player of the Season, what would that say about our season and the rest of the squad?

If we're relegated I'd scrap the Player of the Season award, it'd be like awarding a best Officer on the Titantic after she has sunk. 

However this season transpires he can hold his head high in the fact he's more often than not given his all in every appearance. 

He's much more than the essential water carrier that every midfield needs. I'm not sure why some see him as one dimensional but for me  he's one of the first names on the team sheet in these final few games. 

If we could get his desire into the rest of the team then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. 

It always seems odd to me that I regularly have end up defending him from our own fans.

Is he a world beater..no

But he’s a very useful championship midfielder and one of top performers this season who has a lot of the attributes our more talented players seem to lack.

General purpose british midfielder.

You can see why Lampard and Jodi thought "free transfer replacment for Bryson, yeah snap him up" - Probably not the player Cocu would've chosen but still forced his way in. Wholehearted and hasn't been phoning it in all season.

If we go down he's one I'd regard as being must keep for League 1. If we stay up, he's one I'd be happy to keep whilst other more skilled players are moved on.

3 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

If we're relegated I'd scrap the Player of the Season award, it'd be like awarding a best Officer on the Titantic after she has sunk. 

Maybe on the titanic the leader of the band might have got it

anyway our player of the season has to be the groundsman as his comeback from a dreadful pitch has been dramatic 

30 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

only injury prevents it but the salary cap in league one means they will have to go anyway, if we go down.

Nope, current contracts are counted at the L1 salary cap average for relegated clubs (for salary cap purposes), only new contracts/signings would be affected by the cap.

20210418_160827.jpg

Archived