Relegation watch

Spanish

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiring a rookie manager in a season like this one was our big mistake. One roll of the dice too many from Mel Morris and it’s coming back to bite us. It’s the reason we are where we are. Whether we go down or not; hiring Wayne Rooney was the wrong decision.

Fantastic playing career, sensational player, worked with some of the best managers of all time and I don’t buy the idea for one second that he isn’t smart. 

But the reality is that nothing in his playing career has prepared him for a scrap at the battle of the Championship. This is a person who has known nothing but success in his career. Why he is even at this club in the first place is something but a mystery to me...unless of course you give credence to the idea that he was promised to inherit the reigns from Cocu...

The blame for all of this lies at door of the person who hired him. 

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Swansea 0-1 Wycombe.

The bottom 3 smell blood in the water. ?

The advantage of playing first over the weekend is that if you get some points it can have a demoralising effect on the other teams.

If, on the other hand, you turn in yet another egregious surrender, it energises the other teams.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Watch what happens when we go to Swansea and it won’t be going two up either. 

I know Swansea are in the top 6 but they aren't any good. I'd be more confident about beating them than Sheffield Wednesday

32 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Well we’d be one of the first teams to be relegated on 55 points. I think 47 should be enough.

When I say in control I mean we aren’t hoping other teams slip up.

I think it’s going to be really tight, can’t see us picking up more than 4 points!

Not arguing with that but we still don't control the outcome. 

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

We are pathetic from the top of the tree to the bottom, the fact that we have to rely on other teams shows how poor we are.  We are going down sadly due to mismanagement at all levels.  It was coming from the way we finished last season.

Death from a thousand cuts since Zamora hit the top corner. 

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

We are going down sadly due to mismanagement at all levels.  It was coming from the way we finished last season.

Yep, and I had people telling me it didn't matter that we weren't scoring goals in pre season. I could see this coming from a mile off

34 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Well we’d be one of the first teams to be relegated on 55 points. I think 47 should be enough.

When I say in control I mean we aren’t hoping other teams slip up.

I think it’s going to be really tight, can’t see us picking up more than 4 points!

But we are hoping other teams slip up. If Rotherham don't slip up, they will overtake us.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

I know Swansea are in the top 6 but they aren't any good. I'd be more confident about beating them than Sheffield Wednesday

We are cannon fodder for anybody having a rough spell, we do not have the belief or self respect to get another win this season in my opinion. We take to the field believing we can’t win, again my opinion.

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

You could not make this up.  Udders, WYcombe AND Wendies all leading as we speak 

Need Florist (v Udders) to do us a favour

And it's all of our own doing. It was a must win game last night and we ducked it up big time

Archived