Relegation watch

Spanish

6 hours ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

We'll be sound. Pearson bubble now burst at Bristol City, they broke another two of players today and their relegation is back onnnnnnn.

bristol.png

Only if we can get points to overtake them??‍♂️, hard to see where our next points are comming from

Do you really believe that ? I’m a bit envious. I fear Barnsley will give us a bit of a lesson on teamwork, workrate and movement. They are in good form and playing with confidence while we’re...well, not all that at the moment to put it kindly.

A point would be a terrific result for us up there but it would be a major surprise to me. I live in hope. ?

25 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Do you really believe that ? I’m a bit envious. I fear Barnsley will give us a bit of a lesson on teamwork, workrate and movement. They are in good form and playing with confidence while we’re...well, not all that at the moment to put it kindly.

A point would be a terrific result for us up there but it would be a major surprise to me. I live in hope. ?

I’d definitely call it a point gained. 

consider that we are currently safely out of the bottom 3. We don’t need to win that game in hand. Unlike Rotherham who can look at their games in hand and think they’ve potentially got 9 more points, but the pressure is on, they have to win those games to get out of the relegation zone. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yep, Rotherham are going to have a lot of games in hand..

Rotherham have 14 games to fit in by the 8th of May, They'll be no extension of the season for them, So 2 games a week at least until then...gonna be tough.

2 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Rotherham have 14 games to fit in by the 8th of May, They'll be no extension of the season for them, So 2 games a week at least until then...gonna be tough.

They have the easiest run in. I have a feeling they might stay up...

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

They have the easiest run in. I have a feeling they might stay up...

You could be right Jimbo, I have a soft spot for Rotherham, I like to see the smaller clubs doing well, Not beating us twice in a season tho ?

1 hour ago, James Pond said:

I tend to see it as 4 in one week, Sat, tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.  

18 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I know someone who works at St Andrews and he tells me that Coventry and a number of other clubs have complained to the EFL about Rotherham repeatedly cancelling these matches.

There’s pros and cons for Roth

they will know exactly what they have to do to reach required points total for safety, this can work as an incentive or could be demoralising if the gap is too big. But Brum and SW are doing their best to keep the gap to a handful of points

but conversely too many games in a short space of time won’t be ideal

I hope rotters lose them all, not one of my favourite teams.

I’d rather SW survive, the points deduction was a huge blow for them, and other teams have gotten around the rules without such a penalty

Edited by StrawHillRam