Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Does this mean Clarke is actually fit, or we're scared of the threat Blackburn pose that we've thrown him in early?

No Baningime nor Shonibare?

Ryan Conway says he’s “playing through the pain barrier.” Sounds like he’s been given some sort of injections to get him through the night. That indicates how important WR thinks this name is despite seemingly having no real worries about being relegated.

If Clarke didn’t start, or has to come off, then we are really down to the bare bones. I’m not sure where Mengi is, but it looks like we’d end up having to play Forsyth at CB and Buchanan at LB. Makeshift at best.

Not quite what I was expecting... I guess you can't say that lineup lacks pace!

My guess:

Marshall
   Byrne  Wisdom  Clarke  Forsyth
                  Bird  Shinnie
Roberts  Sibley  Lawrence  Jozwiak

In other news, congratulations to Connor Dixon for his first (I think it's his first) first team call up. One of the unsung heroes of the under-23s over the last 2 to 3 years.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Ryan Conway says he’s “playing through the pain barrier.” Sounds like he’s been given some sort of injections to get him through the night. That indicates how important WR thinks this name is despite seemingly having no real worries about being relegated.

If Clarke didn’t start, or has to come off, then we are really down to the bare bones. I’m not sure where Mengi is, but it looks like we’d end up having to play Forsyth at CB and Buchanan at LB. Makeshift at best.

I'm guessing Mengi has picked up a knock himself, and Clarke is next closest CB to being fit. Toss up between an unfit Clarke or Forsyth at CB I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I quite like that line-up. 

Some great young players on the bench too. 

Get Festy revved up! 

We don't appear to have any natural centre forward.  Is this a cunning plan of Rooneys to take the pressure of Shinnie and Bird having to find a forward pass. Genius. 

I'm hoping it's Sibley in the middle to make a three and Lawrence up top as a make shift with Roberts and Jozwiak out wide . If not I'm lost with that line up.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We don't appear to have any natural centre forward.  Is this a cunning plan of Rooneys to take the pressure of Shinnie and Bird having to find a forward pass. Genius. 

I'm hoping it's Sibley in the middle to make a three and Lawrence up top as a make shift with Roberts and Jozwiak out wide . If not I'm lost with that line up.

Sibley will sit just behind Lawrence. Each of them will support the closest wide player from Jozwiak or Roberts. They will come deeper to receive the ball and run at the opposition.

Makes more sense than having the old St Bernard lolloping about up there.

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well I've accelerated my pre match Saturday ritual... 

- fallen out with the family so they've cleared off out

- lined up a beer for the game 

- pressure washed another section of patio to justify the beer to Mrs VdM, even though she's cleared off out with her mates. 

- looked on here a few times  to get the latest on team/erik/efl appeal

All done, ready for the next chapter to unfold....?

Will Elizabeth beat you if you have a second beer?

Really hope this works- could easily see it leading to us losing the ball easily and not making it stick up top thus inviting more pressure on ourselves. Bringing in Clarke seems like a necessity even if he's playing through the pain. Rooney's public statements about our safety seem completely contradictory to his team selection though. 

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

How old is he? 19? His career is hardly over.

Defo worded that poorly, point was that ever since rooney said that he’s dropped out of the starting 11. Hopefully he regains his place next season because he could be a lot better than Forsyth, going forward and defensively.  

Archived