Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I'd love to see at least one of the U23s given a go in attack. 

Shonibare has more physical presence than Cresswell and could get a bench place again. 

But Shonibare is a winger. Cresswell is currently our backup to Kazim and will be until Waggy is back - hopefully vs Preston

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

But Shonibare is a winger. Cresswell is currently our backup to Kazim and will be until Waggy is back - hopefully vs Preston

Yes, and should be played there if he gets a chance. 

Would be nice to see two youngsters given a go. It can be difficult being a young player thrown into a team more used to playing together. 

Shonibare on the wing, Cresswell in the middle. Roberts on the right. 

Can't be any less effective! 

We’ve got to be on the front foot to get something from this game. They score goals but concede. Another blank in the scoring column will mean defeat. They’re on a terrible run of form themselves but our record at Ewood in recent years is awful. 

I wouldn’t change too much. We didn’t do much wrong against Norwich and created chances. Byrne obviously comes back for McDonald, possibly Buchanan for Foz but if Clarke is still out then you may want to keep Fozzy’s experience. Everyone else keep the same including Jozwiak. Hopefully  consistency of selection in midfield and attacking spots can lead us creating more chances. 

4 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Blackburn aren't that good mate, 1 win in 15

I know but they beat us 4-0 last time  and you just know Bradley Johnson will score a few and they have Armstrong against our inexperienced defence it will be a tough game for us on our form, winnable but tough. 

Out of curiosity, when was the last time we won at Blackburn? I’ve been numerous times over the years and never came back very happy! I vaguely remember us Winning a few years back. We do need some sort of result on Friday night though. 

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I know but they beat us 4-0 last time  and you just know Bradley Johnson will score a few and they have Armstrong against our inexperienced defence it will be a tough game for us on our form, winnable but tough. 

Nor are we are we....

Archived