Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

Blackburn's form is very bad indeed but this is no way an easy game. They've got Travis and Armstrong back from injuries and therefore, are a completely different team. In their last game, 2-2 draw, they hit the woodwork 3 times as well and Armstrong scored twice.

Worth mentioning that according to xG, they've been incredibly unlucky this season:

image.thumb.png.6d6df84cd01772799ad5529fba14dc2e.png

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Derbyshire Live: "Matt Clarke is a big doubt, Martyn Waghorn, Lee Gregory and George Edmundson all out...Nathan Byrne will be back, and will play"

OK, so my choice would be:

Marshall

Byrne                 Wisdom                Clarke (if fit)/Mengi (if not)          Buchanan

Bird                             Shinnie

Jozwiak                                       Sibley                                              Lawrence

CKR

Subs: Roos, McDonald, Forsyth, Watson, Knight, Roberts, Shonibare, Cresswell, Mengi/Baningime

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

Marshall

Byrne                 Wisdom                Clarke (if fit)/Mengi (if not)          Buchanan

Jozwiak                                       Sibley                                              Lawrence

CKR

Subs: Roos, McDonald, Forsyth, Watson, Knight, Roberts, Shonibare, Cresswell, Mengi/Baningime

My choice as well mate, would like the 3 behind Kaz to interchange and cause problems for their defence

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

Marshall

CKR

Yep, largely agree.  Torn on whether Fozzy should drop in just for his experience although I am a fan of Buchanan?  Similarly, possibly Roberts before Kamil, but it's 50/50. Like to see Shonibare given some time too as I think he can have an impact. 

8 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Marshall

CKR

Yes I would go with that, only question being Joz or Roberts...

I was browsing around and bumped into this hilarious piece:

https://www.theversed.com/52153/want-zidane-weve-got-tim-sherwood/#.quhntEdMl6

After this, Dalglish had agreed a deal in principle with Bordeaux to sign both Zidane and Dugarry. But much to his surprise the board and Jack Walker would refuse to sanction his request. Culminating with the owner uttering the infamous words “Why would we want Zidane, when we have Tim Sherwood?!”

When you combine this and how their deal with Lewandowski got scrapped... ?

On 13/04/2021 at 21:08, Andicis said:

Anything but a win is simply not good enough. No more of this ''free hit'' nonsense.

While I agree in principle, given our form and away from home I'd take a point if it was offered right now. A point is better than none. I really hope I am wrong but I don't see 3 points tomorrow as likely. For me it comes down to beating Wednesday and Brum at home as minimum and then picking up whatever else we can. Jeez, makes me nervous just thinking about it.

1 minute ago, SillyBilly said:

While I agree in principle, given our form and away from home I'd take a point if it was offered right now. A point is better than none. I really hope I am wrong but I don't see 3 points tomorrow as likely. For me it comes down to beating Wednesday and Brum at home as minimum and then picking up whatever else we can. Jeez, makes me nervous just thinking about it.

Yes, I would take a point tomorrow, take us 5 clear of Rotherham. Think it has 1-0 Blackburn with an Armstrong goal written all over it mind...

13 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

They're one of the only teams in equally as bad form as us. This is absolutely vital that we win or we're really piling the pressure on ourselves. 

Our record at Ewood Park since WWII is P28 W5 D8 L15.

Not won, or scored, in the last 4 games there, which was 14/15 season. 

Failed to score in 13 of those 28 games.

Since we beat them for our first Premier League away win (96/97) at Ewood Park we have scored 6 goals in 12 games (3 in 14/15, 1 in 13/14, 1 in 07/08 and 1 in 01/02)

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

Our record at Ewood Park since WWII is P28 W5 D8 L15.

Not won, or scored, in the last 4 games there, which was 14/15 season. 

Failed to score in 13 of those 28 games.

Since we beat them for our first Premier League away win (96/97) at Ewood Park we have scored 6 goals in 12 games (3 in 14/15, 1 in 13/14, 1 in 07/08 and 1 in 01/02)

Good time to change all that then...