Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

11 hours ago, Curtains said:

Got to say you are really not helping with all this negativity mate 

Not really intended to be negative, just saying there’s no point in playing Lawrence up front. It’s not his fault if you play him out of position. He’s capable of performing if you play him in attacking mid / left wing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not really intended to be negative, just saying there’s no point in playing Lawrence up front. It’s not his fault if you play him out of position. He’s capable of performing if you play him in attacking mid / left wing.

Yes as an attacking option he’s better playing wider. But if he’s also got a defensive role, it’s scary especially w Clarke absent. Lawrence tracks back but then goes through the motions in defence. 

8 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Hull's not that bad anymore. I work quite a bit with some researchers at the uni there so go quite a bit (or 'went' should I say before COVID came along!). They've spent a lot of money on the city centre in the last few years. I recommend Papa's fish and chips if you're stuck for something to eat (they did a 2ft long, deep fried pig in blanket as a Xmas special a couple of years back).

To be fair I’m sure it’s not that bad if you go to the right places haha. My memories of Hull only really go as far as some of the dodgy pubs I’ve been to on away days, where you’re seen as a bit of an “outsider” intruding! 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes as an attacking option he’s better playing wider. But if he’s also got a defensive role, it’s scary especially w Clarke absent. Lawrence tracks back but then goes through the motions in defence. 

Yeah agree with that, that’s why I haven’t selected him in LM as I don’t think he’s capable of doing the defensive work needed in a 4-4-2. Not because he’s lazy or anything, that’s a myth like it was with Ince, but he doesn’t have the energy and physicality to get up and down the pitch.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We need four pounds from the next two matches to give us some breathing space. We will have a better idea after the three games tonight. If all three rivals lose that would be good but it is unlikely to happen.

It will be better than the three pounds we got a few years ago!

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

It will be better than the three pounds we got a few years ago!

Half a kilo typo. Well worth the weight. You do not get many typos of that quality to the pound. A sterling typo. Time to coin some puns. Quid pro quo. Anyone fancy a game of quid dich. 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah agree with that, that’s why I haven’t selected him in LM as I don’t think he’s capable of doing the defensive work needed in a 4-4-2. Not because he’s lazy or anything, that’s a myth like it was with Ince, but he doesn’t have the energy and physicality to get up and down the pitch.

Good job we have subs then. Start with Lawrence, then bring Jozwiak/Roberts on to when their full back is tired

53 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I feel worried that this weeks results will just put too much pressure on Friday night. Either everyone wins and its squeaky bum time x 4 or they all lose and we come out with one of those "dont seem bothered" type performances. 

If Rooney can't rouse the team for a performance regardless of the circumstances on Friday then that would further damage his credentials. Remember when we had various articles about how he was rebuilding morale and motivation when he first took over.... 

51 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If Rooney can't rouse the team for a performance regardless of the circumstances on Friday then that would further damage his credentials. Remember when we had various articles about how he was rebuilding morale and motivation when he first took over.... 

The circumstances might be we have no fully fit striker, but that shouldn't matter, right?! ?

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If I'd specified that a "good performance" meant scoring lots of goals from inside the box then you have a valid point Roy. 

But I didn't so you don't ?

I'll settle for a poor performance with long-range goals to win the game! ? ?

6 hours ago, YouRams said:

Is it on sky now it’s been moved still not showing in the app as being Friday? 

No. My understanding is that if it's a re-scheduled 3pm Saturday game, then it won't be on the red button either. As was the case with our Barnsley game.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good job we have subs then. Start with Lawrence, then bring Jozwiak/Roberts on to when their full back is tired

That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Surely you start with the more energetic Jozwiak to do the hard work early on, then bring Lawrence on later when you need a goal and the space opens up? That’s what I’d do, anyway.

We need a good performance from Kazim this time round another ineffective performance from him and we probably lose,  we are so lacking upfront at the minute Id be inclined to give Cresswell a go if Kazim is not fully fit. When you play with 1 striker upfront you need good performances from that striker and a decent amount of goals or else your attacking play is very limited. 

I'm hoping Forsyth is dropped I've had enough of his poo mistakes we can't afford gifts. Not too optimistic if I am honest, think we are going to have to play out of our skins to get a win. 

Archived