v Reading (a) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I have not missed the Lawrence haters one bit while he's been out.

We are a little worse than Reading all over the pitch. No leader out there, I really dislike having a goalkeeper as captain.

He has been terrible today no getting around that fact.

We have been desperate for a captain since....since probably Matt Oakley..!!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ball by Bird was the right idea and the best thing he has done all game but it still could have been better and put in front of Lawrence so he could run onto it.

Their 2nd goal very poor, lazy from Lawrence as their player cut in, poor from Marshall parrying it back into the middle of the goal and poor reactions from Wisdom on the follow up

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Lawrence was totally at fault for the goal. pathetic "attempt" to win the ball back.

and there Bird goes with the best ball of the game that little Tommy boy messes up....

I’ve acknowledged that was a good pass, that doesn’t mean Max wasn't at fault for both of our goals. I get that some people have favourite players and players they don’t like and support or criticise blindy. I just give my view as as see it game by game.

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

We looked better on Friday in the first half because Knight wasn’t playing. He’s like a Jamie Hanson although I think Hanson offered more than just running. 

After todays results we know where we are - us to Rotherham for the relegation place.

I can take us losing, but losing everytime in this manner I can't. I know that the playing squad is not brilliant, but we should still try to play football. All we provide is hoofball down the line or up to the striker, bypassing the midfield. 

We have seen time and time again teams on a shoestring budget trying to play the right way. While it may not always provide a positive result, it is my belief that it is the right way. Pass and move. Play through the thirds. Try and be forward thinking and creative, playing on the so called "front foot". Reading try this and while the may not always get the right result, they try to play in the right way. 

A great man once said "If got wanted us to play football in the sky, then he would have put grass up there". 

All this to say that I can take losing, but if we try to play football. What our dear Rooney is currently providing us is not football, despite his content talk of playing on the front foot, being agressive... We are neither. Agressive we are not, we let the opponents have the ball and seldom press, and if we do, the press is not at all coordinated. Being on the front foot? Does that mean hoofing it up? Why can't we try to play the right way from the off? Sure the squad isn't great, but surely it would be better trying to play through the thirds? At least it will offer some form of exitement, because at the moment it is all dull. When was the last time we really decisively trounced someone?

Fustration rant over. Can get back to watching now ?

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

No. We really can't. The only comeback of note was the half-time rollicking and changes made v Brentford. 

That moments gone. Rooney too weak willed imo to make significant changes during play... 

their keeper has made two fantastic saves. We are very unlucky not to have scored today. 

Archived