New management team required - NOW

8 hours ago, Saul said:

There's numerous great points on this thread, ( too many to quote etc) but for me they are all missing the main issue. 

Pooh runs downhill. It's been totally crass mis management for years now, too numerous to mention them all, but from going into the dressing room, being seeming starstruck and appointing 'celeb managers', the cringeworthy 'Derby Way' statement, not to mention the having 'half the team from the academy' baloney

Couple that with the underhand sale of the Stadium and the subsequent fights with the EFL and I see a common problem. This all starts and ends at the door of Mel Morris. His tenure has been nothing more than a total and utter disaster.

If he was a fridge seller from the far east we'd all be up in arms about it, but 'he's one of our own' so it's ok. 

Thanks for the free scarf and the free cuppa tho Mel. 

When did you get the free cup of tea? I can’t recall getting one. 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people could have foreseen our current position in the league when Cocu left, they would have snatched your hand off. 
Rooney has made tremendous progress with the tools at his disposal and if we stay up he will have performed wonders. 
Now is not the time to doubt him or his methods. 
Let him get on with the job in hand. 

16 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

If people could have foreseen our current position in the league when Cocu left, they would have snatched your hand off. 
Rooney has made tremendous progress with the tools at his disposal and if we stay up he will have performed wonders. 

One word - Bieliek 

OK, maybe two. McLaren

24 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

To quote the great Nigel Pearson I think you are an ostrich. Your head must be in the sand.

I'm not particularly happy about recent form but what I'll say is:

For all the cries of bad man management and messing around, Rooney multiple times now has got reactions following bad performances or bad runs. Despite what the media has been telling you for 18 years, Rooney is not thick. He will know we need a tactical change and will have time to implement it over the break.

Equally, while he has been harsh on some players, they need some motivation. Rooney isn't sending them out to play as deep as they do, they need the kick up the arse.

This isn't an underperforming squad, I do think the team has some good players but they don't compliment each other. It's a crap side and he's done well to get a tune out of it, even if that's fallen away recently. It's incredible how reliant we are on a 34 year old free agent up front, even if he is much better than the majority of 34 year old free agents.

How many new players do we need this summer? A lot. How much investment does this team need? A lot. How much time does a manager need to sort this out? A lot!

It's not a case of McClaren would take over for the last 9 and we'd start scoring 2/3 a game, this squad doesn't have it in them like that. Rooney wasn't stupid to try and keep us solid like we were doing so successfully with Bielik, there's no attack to lean on when the defence struggles. That has now stopped working and I'm expecting we'll see a reaction. 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

I’m not in the Rooney out camp yet but other than Wilder, who else could we bring in to “guarantee’ an upturn in fortunes?

I think Steve Mac in a more hands on role on the training ground and in the dug out on match days might be the best short-term option. Mel won’t pay out sacking another manager and back room staff in the current situation. Wilder is being lined up to take over from Fat Sam next season at the Baggies apparently...

20 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

One word - Bieliek 

OK, maybe two. McLaren

If we’re a one man team then we may as well pack up now. 
Nowt to do with Rooney, he didn’t sign of them. 
The same McLaren who got sacked twice because the results were crap?

21 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Did you not enjoy Lampard's season?

Some of it yes , some not so much and when looked at as a whole I would not have him back , you only have to look at the difference at Chelsea after he was sacked and with the same players , the Leeds team was forced through injury not planned and then after that victory he took the players out on a mass pee up to celebrate with the biggest game yet to come and NOTHING achieved yet ,, erm real professional,,not ,,,, the Wembley team was a joke and I’m pretty certain I’m in the majority when I say seeing it on my way to Wembley I was pretty certain we had given the game away ,,,, frank is probably a victim of his own arrogance and the arrogance of his family and hangers on like the redknapp s bigging up his readiness and ability for a role he’s far from shown he’s going to be good at ??‍♂️

We seem to be condemning the players that produced an 8 wins in 10 run (I think)!

So despite that run they are now relegation fodder that no one could work miracles with as they are so useless......fine.

Let’s hope the next time we get the chance to bring several players in we don’t go backwards like we did in the last window!

33 minutes ago, Archied said:

Some of it yes , some not so much and when looked at as a whole I would not have him back , you only have to look at the difference at Chelsea after he was sacked and with the same players , the Leeds team was forced through injury not planned and then after that victory he took the players out on a mass pee up to celebrate with the biggest game yet to come and NOTHING achieved yet ,, erm real professional,,not ,,,, the Wembley team was a joke and I’m pretty certain I’m in the majority when I say seeing it on my way to Wembley I was pretty certain we had given the game away ,,,, frank is probably a victim of his own arrogance and the arrogance of his family and hangers on like the redknapp s bogging up his readiness and ability for a role he’s far from shown he’s going to be good at ??‍♂️

I'm not saying he's perfect, but wouldn't complaining about a managers play-off final team be a nice complaint to be able to make currently?

He did take Chelsea to 4th in his first season, and now you're comparing him to Tuchel, whose one of the premium managers in world football? It was such a unique, one-off set of circumstances that got him the Chelsea role, someone with his experience should be know where near at team like that. Most Chelsea fans were angry he got sacked.

He has great connections in the loan market. Only been a manager 2 1/2 seasons and already got to a play-off final and qualified for the Champions League. Even if you say he was lucky in the play-offs, he still got 6th place.

I don't know what to say on the arrogance part, I don't know how you can judge that when you've never met him (unless you have?) aren't most managers arrogant to some extent? 

When he was here he created a positive mood I'd not seen since Mac1, I don't know why people are looking back at so negatively now.

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

I'm not saying he's perfect, but wouldn't complaining about a managers play-off final team be a nice complaint to be able to make currently?

He did take Chelsea to 4th in his first season, and now you're comparing him to Tuchel, whose one of the premium managers in world football? It was such a unique, one-off set of circumstances that got him the Chelsea role, someone with his experience should be know where near at team like that. Most Chelsea fans were angry he got sacked.

He has great connections in the loan market. Only been a manager 2 1/2 seasons and already got to a play-off final and qualified for the Champions League. Even if you say he was lucky in the play-offs, he still got 6th place.

I don't know what to say on the arrogance part, I don't know how you can judge that when you've never met him (unless you have?) aren't most managers arrogant to some extent? 

When he was here he created a positive mood I'd not seen since Mac1, I don't know why people are looking back at so negatively now.

And he paid his round at the bar.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Some of it yes , some not so much and when looked at as a whole I would not have him back , you only have to look at the difference at Chelsea after he was sacked and with the same players , the Leeds team was forced through injury not planned and then after that victory he took the players out on a mass pee up to celebrate with the biggest game yet to come and NOTHING achieved yet ,, erm real professional,,not ,,,, the Wembley team was a joke and I’m pretty certain I’m in the majority when I say seeing it on my way to Wembley I was pretty certain we had given the game away ,,,, frank is probably a victim of his own arrogance and the arrogance of his family and hangers on like the redknapp s bigging up his readiness and ability for a role he’s far from shown he’s going to be good at ??‍♂️

What a load of tosh.

How can you possibly compare Lampard to Tuchel?

How was the Leeds team forced because of injury? Holmes came off injured, he could have easily put a like for like midfielder on but didn't. Also went completely different line up for that game and caught them out. And what's wrong with celebrating after the game? it would be weird not to. Also there was 2 weeks between the semi final and final so easily enough recovery time.

I know it didn't work out in the final, but can you really blame him for picking the same team that did so well v Leeds? Lets not forget Lampard was still a rookie manager then, learning all the time. I mean how many times have people questioned Rooney's line ups this year.

Lampard did say from the start the only job he would leave for would be at Chelsea, can you really hold it against him? 

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

What a load of tosh.

How can you possibly compare Lampard to Tuchel?

How was the Leeds team forced because of injury? Holmes came off injured, he could have easily put a like for like midfielder on but didn't. Also went completely different line up for that game and caught them out. And what's wrong with celebrating after the game? it would be weird not to. Also there was 2 weeks between the semi final and final so easily enough recovery time.

I know it didn't work out in the final, but can you really blame him for picking the same team that did so well v Leeds? Lets not forget Lampard was still a rookie manager then, learning all the time. I mean how many times have people questioned Rooney's line ups this year.

Lampard did say from the start the only job he would leave for would be at Chelsea, can you really hold it against him? 

Think you seem to forget the dire performances that I witnessed under lampard ...he got 3 great loanees in he would’ve struggled with this current squad 

also his bling faith in Mason Bennett and he did get lucky against Leeds the first leg was poor and only because of injury to Holmes was it changed ...without Mount we were also struggling to get results ...I think Lampard was not a bad manager but far from as good as people keep saying ...he royally fluffed up at Wembley ...the team he picked was poor and kept faith with players who kept making mistakes ....if Rooney goes get someone with experience but not Lampard back 

Archived