New management team required - NOW

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

oh give me a break.... we wont go down, we wont be anywhere near it....and if we did, so what..? It at least would be interesting rather than the total bore fest the last however many years we have had floating around in this division.

At long last a post I can relate to, I’m at the point where I feel that relegation would be like a breath of fresh air.

I would imagine all the moaning detractors that have a notion that a magic wand exists that is handed out to new management teams that enables it all to come good would all do one and we could  go back to basics with a young talented side and work our way out of our present situation with out the promise of a fairy god mother with pockets forever worrying about ffp and the ramifications that brings.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rosythram said:

At long last a post I can relate to, I’m at the point where I feel that relegation would be like a breath of fresh air.

I would imagine all the moaning detractors that have a notion that a magic wand exists that is handed out to new management teams that enables it all to come good would all do one and we could  go back to basics with a young talented side and work our way out of our present situation with out the promise of a fairy god mother with pockets forever worrying about ffp and the ramifications that brings.

Barnsley of all teams are 5th in the Championship because they changed manager and he did a good job coaching them. It's entirely possible and feasible. 

9 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Read your post 3 times and still not sure what you are trying to say ?

16 hours ago, Pearson. said:

Which is fine, and I can accept that, but in the lower leagues where they can show their worth and capability if they have it.

A club of Derby's stature should not be employing unproven novices. We should be cherry picking the best of the proven and successful managers that there is out there. Not even that, we should be actively poaching one. Now.

Would a manager who finished 4th in the Premier League last season and has a record of qualifying for a Championship play-offs be proven enough?

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Let's be honest, it's not worse than our football, and we don't even get a result at the end of it.

Or a shot on target a lot of the time. Undoubtedly Wazza has been dealt a really bad hand but part of me thinks over the last 6 weeks he has played it rather badly. At the very least we need to have a mindset of trying to score a goal and win games rather than the defensive, over cautious let’s get a 0-0 approach we are seeing most of the time  and with team selections that mirror that philosophy....

39 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

oh give me a break.... we wont go down, we wont be anywhere near it....and if we did, so what..? It at least would be interesting rather than the total bore fest the last however many years we have had floating around in this division.

2nd worst attacking team in the league on goals, almost crazy to suggest we won’t be near it! Hopefully we can get some goals from somewhere though 

18 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Let's be honest, it's not worse than our football, and we don't even get a result at the end of it.

I wonder What is our football? It’s sort of sideways and backwards and a bit lacklustre. A bit chasing the opposition or passing it around at the back. Would love a bit of hoof ball. The dream would be forward  quick passing , crosses and hoof ball all in one. Well not a dream but sometimes some risky forward balls could get us in the oppositions area at least!

25 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Come on, that is intentionally misleading. We had only lost 4 games, and we'd only won 3 league games, Brighton, Yeovil and Millwall, the latter two being poor teams. It was a pretty average start, would have put us on course for about mid table if it continued that way. 

Yet we still lost against Millwall under Mac. From the 9 league games under Clough, we picked up 11 points. From the reverse fixture under Mac we picked up 12. 

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yet we still lost against Millwall under Mac. From the 9 league games under Clough, we picked up 11 points. From the reverse fixture under Mac we picked up 12. 

In the context that we probably lost the game to Millwall because of the unjust suspension of Martin. Probably lost the game to Burnley for that reason too. Under Clough that season we had been absolutely dreadful vs Reading, Burnley and Forest. Under McClaren, it was just Leicester away that was dreadful.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

In the context that we probably lost the game to Millwall because of the unjust suspension of Martin. Probably lost the game to Burnley for that reason too. Under Clough that season we had been absolutely dreadful vs Reading, Burnley and Forest. Under McClaren, it was just Leicester away that was dreadful.

Was that the Burnley game where we equalised but the ref pulled it back to send Martin off for diving? that was ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Or a shot on target a lot of the time. Undoubtedly Wazza has been dealt a really bad hand but part of me thinks over the last 6 weeks he has played it rather badly. At the very least we need to have a mindset of trying to score a goal and win games rather than the defensive, over cautious let’s get a 0-0 approach we are seeing most of the time  and with team selections that mirror that philosophy....

He probably believes we aren’t very good at scoring goals and he should know so trying to sneak over the line with the odd win and some draws is the practical thing to have tried 

3 hours ago, Rosythram said:

Pardon?

32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He probably believes we aren’t very good at scoring goals and he should know so trying to sneak over the line with the odd win and some draws is the practical thing to have tried 

So go in to games not really trying to score goals...? interesting.....very interesting ?

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

I'd add Ipswich away, immediately after the Forest result, didn't lay a glove on them midweek after the Forest result. Boro away a few weeks later wasn't too clever either.

I don't think Clough would have finished 3rd, but it's not beyond possibility he may have hit top 6. We'll never know.

Archived