New management team required - NOW

Chelsea are an excellent example of what can happen when you make the right managerial appointment. Exactly the same playing squad as it was under Lampard. Totally different team under Tuchel.

"You can't keep chopping and changing, it destabilises you etc..." It's a fair point. But the right appointment can turn a struggling side into a contender. It's worse, in my opinion, to persist with something that clearly isn't working and just hope for the best. I said this during Rowett's time here. Many said the same very early on during the Pearson tenure. 

Law of averages dictates that we have to make the right appointment...eventually. Not sure it will or can be under Mel Morris, but we will get it right eventually and things will click for us. Hopefully we don't need to get relegated for that to happen.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Think you seem to forget the dire performances that I witnessed under lampard ...he got 3 great loanees in he would’ve struggled with this current squad 

also his bling faith in Mason Bennett and he did get lucky against Leeds the first leg was poor and only because of injury to Holmes was it changed ...without Mount we were also struggling to get results ...I think Lampard was not a bad manager but far from as good as people keep saying ...he royally fluffed up at Wembley ...the team he picked was poor and kept faith with players who kept making mistakes ....if Rooney goes get someone with experience but not Lampard back 

Think you'll find Lampard got more out of Mason Bennett than any other manager has before or since. 

Leeds 1st leg wasn't great but we should have had a penalty and the ref missed a headbutt/red card for their player.

The only reason we got Mount was because of Lampard so how can you hold that against him?

How many rookie managers do you know that haven't made mistakes in their first year? 

? Let's hope not!! If they do and we don't get a result they'll deserve all the flak coming their way. Hopefully a few days mentally switching off will help reset the system to when we, for a few games at least, tried to go out and win games.

7 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Law of averages dictates that we have to make the right appointment...eventually. Not sure it will or can be under Mel Morris, but we will get it right eventually and things will click for us. Hopefully we don't need to get relegated for that to happen.

I think one of the problems at Derby is that the players seemed to have undue influence. I'm not ITK, but the way they (Shackell) reacted to Pearson, an abrasive figure, and how they then responded after his sacking. I hazard a guess we've had a fair few egos rather than  team players in the guise of Bryson, Hughes etc. Shackell did not endear himself with his reaction to Wassall.

I actually think one of the turning points was Rowett jumping ship. The fans didn't care for his style yet we did get in the play-offs. He wasn't really allowed to build anything. He is ambitious yet I think he also left for Stoke as he became uncertain of his position here. We have fans who not only want us to win, but to win with style

There are also too many variables at the moment for any manager to do his job well, specifically off-field issues regarding ownership. Rooney & co could leave tomorrow. These problems will remain.

Just now, Asanovic70 said:

I actually think one of the turning points was Rowett jumping ship. The fans didn't care for his style yet we did get in the play-offs. He wasn't really allowed to build anything. He is ambitious yet I think he also left for Stoke as he became uncertain of his position here. We have fans who not only want us to win, but to win with style

I hope Rowett gets an opportunity one day to tell his side of the story in regards to why he left us for Stoke.

I think there might be a bit more to it than a lot of us think.

27 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I hope Rowett gets an opportunity one day to tell his side of the story in regards to why he left us for Stoke.

I think there might be a bit more to it than a lot of us think.

I’m pretty sure he’s already said the reason he left was due to Mel telling him that finances were tight and the wage bill needed to be reigned in, only for Lampard to be given a huge pot of money (Albeit the Vydra sale provided some of these funds) when appointed which he basically spunked up the wall.

I didn’t have a problem with him leaving for Stoke if it’s true he was was told he needed to sell and cut the cloth. Didn’t mind Rowett at all during his time here in all honestly.

If offered today, I’d take his style of play and win ratio over the dross being served up to us now.

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I’m pretty sure he’s already said the reason he left was due to Mel telling him that finances were tight and the wage bill needed to be reigned in, only for Lampard to be given a huge pot of money (Albeit the Vydra sale provided some of these funds) when appointed which he basically spunked up the wall.

I didn’t have a problem with him leaving for Stoke if it’s true he was was told he needed to sell and cut the cloth. Didn’t mind Rowett at all during his time here in all honestly.

If offered today, I’d take his style of play and win ratio over the dross being served up to us now.

Yes, I think the goalposts for the following season were moved quite dramatically for him after we lost to Fulham. 

Faced with the option of cutting the wage bill in half and selling our best players along with upsetting all us fans...or leaving for Stoke to play for an owner who doesn’t have a reputation for hiring and firing...makes sense if you think about it ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

It was an aging squad that needed revamping. A lot of players needed to be shifted out and a change to the playing style was deemed necessary in line with a focus on bringing through academy players. I think really it was going to take a new manager to do that. 

16 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

What a load of tosh.

How can you possibly compare Lampard to Tuchel?

How was the Leeds team forced because of injury? Holmes came off injured, he could have easily put a like for like midfielder on but didn't. Also went completely different line up for that game and caught them out. And what's wrong with celebrating after the game? it would be weird not to. Also there was 2 weeks between the semi final and final so easily enough recovery time.

I know it didn't work out in the final, but can you really blame him for picking the same team that did so well v Leeds? Lets not forget Lampard was still a rookie manager then, learning all the time. I mean how many times have people questioned Rooney's line ups this year.

Lampard did say from the start the only job he would leave for would be at Chelsea, can you really hold it against him? 

Hardly tosh, on balance I wouldn’t have him back here ??‍♂️

8 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

He sold Will Hughes for peanuts having said he didn’t see a place for him in the team. That’s all you need to know about Rowett and his football. I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire let alone have him back as manager.

18 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

I think one of the problems at Derby is that the players seemed to have undue influence. I'm not ITK, but the way they (Shackell) reacted to Pearson, an abrasive figure, and how they then responded after his sacking. I hazard a guess we've had a fair few egos rather than  team players in the guise of Bryson, Hughes etc. Shackell did not endear himself with his reaction to Wassall.

There are also too many variables at the moment for any manager to do his job well, specifically off-field issues regarding ownership. Rooney & co could leave tomorrow. These problems will remain.

Yes totally agree wasn't it Lawrence and Bennett who were driving under the influence.

On 17/03/2021 at 16:57, Reggie Greenwood said:

A proven Manager say like your namesake ? 

Let me think about that? 

Leicester City - League One Champions

Leicester City - Championship Winners

Leicester City - Pearson's players/team Premiership Champions. Attributed to Person by sports journalists and Ranieri himself.

Employed by ourselves on a three year contract and sacked a few months later due to Mel's ego.

So, with the above in mind would you rather continue with the current idiot, or a proven manager with CV as detailed?

On 21/03/2021 at 14:07, Nuwtfly said:

Chelsea are an excellent example of what can happen when you make the right managerial appointment. Exactly the same playing squad as it was under Lampard. Totally different team under Tuchel.

"You can't keep chopping and changing, it destabilises you etc..." It's a fair point. But the right appointment can turn a struggling side into a contender. It's worse, in my opinion, to persist with something that clearly isn't working and just hope for the best. I said this during Rowett's time here. Many said the same very early on during the Pearson tenure. 

Spot on.

I am still of the belief that had Clough and Rowett been allowed to see the job through we would now be in the Premiership.

Archived