New management team required - NOW

3 minutes ago, Pearson. said:

Let me think about that? 

Leicester City - League One Champions

Leicester City - Championship Winners

Leicester City - Pearson's players/team Premiership Champions. Attributed to Person by sports journalists and Ranieri himself.

Employed by ourselves on a three year contract and sacked a few months later due to Mel's ego.

So, with the above in mind would you rather continue with the current idiot, or a proven manager with CV as detailed?

I'm pretty sure there was no ego involved, Common knowledge that some players went to see Mel after the Blackburn game I believe, With concern of how Pearson was talking, Treating, Accusing the players or some other bother, Mel had put things in place to see what the issue was, It came to a head at the next away fixture Swansea? where  some pretty strong things happened, Then Pearson was sacked.

I know who the players were who complained...neither are here now.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/03/2021 at 14:13, Chris_Martin said:

How many rookie managers do you know that haven't made mistakes in their first year? 

Which is fine, and I can accept that, but in the lower leagues where they can show their worth and capability if they have it.

A club of Derby's stature should not be employing unproven novices. We should be cherry picking the best of the proven and successful managers that there is out there. Not even that, we should be actively poaching one. Now.

18 minutes ago, Pearson. said:

Employed by ourselves on a three year contract and sacked a few months later due to Mel's ego.

If you say so.

It could also be that he's an overly aggressive banker who can't keep his hands down when he's angry?

fc_as_pearson_1296x729.jpg&w=750&cqualit

We're talking about a bloke who himself said he thought his career in English football was done for before Watford gave him a job the other season, which speaks of someone not sacked purely for footballing reasons in his previous job.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm pretty sure there was no ego involved, Common knowledge that some players went to see Mel after the Blackburn game I believe, With concern of how Pearson was talking, Treating, Accusing the players or some other bother, Mel had put things in place to see what the issue was, It came to a head at the next away fixture Swansea? where  some pretty strong things happened, Then Pearson was sacked.

Before the Cardiff away game...which we won....

9 minutes ago, Pearson. said:

Spot on.

I am still of the belief that had Clough and Rowett been allowed to see the job through we would now be in the Premiership.

Clough was going to take that squad that McClaren had playing phenomenal football to another 10th place finish. 

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Aw, the poor things. I'm telling Miss! This is part of the problem, we are spoon feeding multi-million pound players egos and not actually managing them. He instilled discipline at Leicester and was well respected as a result. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!

This part of the problem for me. I honestly believe Mel is frightened of a strong manager. Nice and easy to employ a young kid you can control to the long term detriment of the club.

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Clough was going to take that squad that McClaren had playing phenomenal football to another 10th place finish. 

Year on year improvement under Clough. We finished the 12/13 season 10th with a strike partnership of Theo Robinson and Connor Sammon. You don't think we would have finished higher with Martin and Russell instead? Not forgetting we replaced Roberts with Fozzy and Legzdins with Grant.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Year on year improvement under Clough. We finished the 12/13 season 10th with a strike partnership of Theo Robinson and Connor Sammon. You don't think we would have finished higher with Martin and Russell instead? Not forgetting we replaced Roberts with Fozzy and Legzdins with Grant.

I remembered how badly we'd looked before Clough got sacked. I can honestly say I don't think we would have been near the playoffs with a squad that was easily good enough, as we all saw in practice. The idea that Clough would have ever got up is just wrong to me. 

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I remembered how badly we'd looked before Clough got sacked. I can honestly say I don't think we would have been near the playoffs with a squad that was easily good enough, as we all saw in practice. The idea that Clough would have ever got up is just wrong to me. 

We had only lost 4 games in that season leading up to the sacking - Leicester (1st), Burnley (2nd), Reading (7th), and Forest (11th).

Some of the best football we played during that season was actually under Clough, rather than Mac - 3-0 over Yeovil, 5-1 over Millwall and the 5-0 thrashing of Brentford in the cup

43 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I’m not sure anyone could say clough would have definitely got us up but I think now people realise what a brilliant job he did at Derby.

He came in steadied the ship, got rid of a load of dross and his recruitment was probably the best we’ve had in the last 10-15 years.....bearing in mind his signings were for peanuts.

Ward, Russell, Bryson, Martin, keogh, Brayford, barker, Forsyth etc..... what we’d do for signings like that now. You think of the millions and millions we’ve wasted since and let’s face it we’re still in exactly the same league as we were so no better off 

15 hours ago, Pearson. said:

Let me think about that? 

Leicester City - League One Champions

Leicester City - Championship Winners

Leicester City - Pearson's players/team Premiership Champions. Attributed to Person by sports journalists and Ranieri himself.

So, with the above in mind would you rather continue with the current idiot, or a proven manager with CV as detailed?

Pearson as manager didn’t work for us. CV means very little sometimes. Different clubs different players etc etc 

15 hours ago, Pearson. said:

Aw, the poor things. I'm telling Miss! This is part of the problem, we are spoon feeding multi-million pound players egos and not actually managing them. He instilled discipline at Leicester and was well respected as a result. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!

This part of the problem for me. I honestly believe Mel is frightened of a strong manager. Nice and easy to employ a young kid you can control to the long term detriment of the club.

Do sort of agree with you on last point, his meetings with managers after matches rating players and assessing tactics seemed a bit hands on and he wanted ultimate control.  Then again he is the owner. 

On 16/03/2021 at 15:27, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Get them all out. Far too inexperienced for this league. 

We are in real danger right now and something needs to change. 

oh give me a break.... we wont go down, we wont be anywhere near it....and if we did, so what..? It at least would be interesting rather than the total bore fest the last however many years we have had floating around in this division.

28 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

I’m not sure anyone could say clough would have definitely got us up but I think now people realise what a brilliant job he did at Derby.

He came in steadied the ship, got rid of a load of dross and his recruitment was probably the best we’ve had in the last 10-15 years.....bearing in mind his signings were for peanuts.

Ward, Russell, Bryson, Martin, keogh, Brayford, barker, Forsyth etc..... what we’d do for signings like that now. You think of the millions and millions we’ve wasted since and let’s face it we’re still in exactly the same league as we were so no better off 

He did a fine job, made good signings and put together a unified squad. His tactics and use of the players wasn't great though.

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

oh give me a break.... we wont go down, we wont be anywhere near it....and if we did, so what..? It at least would be interesting rather than the total bore fest the last however many years we have had floating around in this division.

Really? Where are our wins going to come from then? If we stay up it will be by a few points, nothing more.

57 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We had only lost 4 games in that season leading up to the sacking - Leicester (1st), Burnley (2nd), Reading (7th), and Forest (11th).

Some of the best football we played during that season was actually under Clough, rather than Mac - 3-0 over Yeovil, 5-1 over Millwall and the 5-0 thrashing of Brentford in the cup

Come on, that is intentionally misleading. We had only lost 4 games, and we'd only won 3 league games, Brighton, Yeovil and Millwall, the latter two being poor teams. It was a pretty average start, would have put us on course for about mid table if it continued that way. 

Archived