v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

And the second half? 

It's clearly much better. Not arguing against that but it's more about have extra players in central areas and not getting stretched when the front two getting overcommitted combined with an extra man at the back than it is the personal. 

But really we were lucky to be going in at only 2-0. It's all well and good changing it but you can't afford to get it so badly wrong from the start.

I feel for the lads that came off. They were no worse than the other 7 outfield players and of those 7 had performed first half just with their desire like that have second half it may have been different for everyone. By raising their games second half they’ve actually hung the other three out by making it look like it was down to them!!

41 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Cywka was superb in his first season 

Probably should have said "in his entire spell"  it was probably similar games wise to many of our academy lads. But he is easily forgotten is my point I suppose. 

Toyed with using Gary Teale as a comparison but thought that far too mean ??

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Makes me ducking angry that we don't don't adopt this style and demeanour from the off, to be honest. It just confirms my belief that we have a soft-centre and need a wholesale clear out to address it.

I agree and for me starts from the defence, they always have mistakes in them, slow the play down. Then we continue to play a defensive midfield from start of games, no attacking outlet and finally playing 1 upfront nothing sticks.

We all have individual players we think are good but some must be crap because the table doesn't lie.

Archived