Team for next season's promotion push?

IslandExile

Still hopeful that it will be promotion from the championship. Yeah, really.

Also I'm going 4-3-3.

We're going to need an injection of cash. Stuff FFP.

Roos 

Byrne.   *NEW*.  *NEW*  Buchanan 

*NEW*.     Bielik.    *NEW*

*NEW*.   *NEW*.  Jozwiak 

There are cases to keep Watson, Sibley, Knight, Bird, Wisdom, Shinnie, Kazim-Richards, Marshall, Waggy as squad players. 

The Jozwiak critics will be surprised that I've included him but I genuinely believe we'll see the best of him when surrounded by better players.

We need much better quality in the team. Better tactics and team selection would also help.

Assuming everyone is fully fit...

Roos
Byrne   NewCB1   NewCB2   Buchanan
Bird   Bielik
Sibley   NewAM   Lawrence
Kazim

Subs from: Marshall, McDonald, NewCB3, Solomon, Forsyth, Knight, Shinnie, Watson, Ibe, Jozwiak, NewCF, Stretton
Backups from: Foster, Ebosele, Archie, JBrown, LThompson, Wilson

Bird, Knight and Bielik pretty much in rotation - especially Bielik who we need to be careful with. Shinnie to be ncluded in the rotation when Bielik is still injured.
NewCF to replace Kazim as first choice CF as the season progresses.

40 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Still hopeful that it will be promotion from the championship. Yeah, really.

Also I'm going 4-3-3.

We're going to need an injection of cash. Stuff FFP.

Roos 

Byrne.   *NEW*.  *NEW*  Buchanan 

*NEW*.     Bielik.    *NEW*

*NEW*.   *NEW*.  Jozwiak 

There are cases to keep Watson, Sibley, Knight, Bird, Wisdom, Shinnie, Kazim-Richards, Marshall, Waggy as squad players. 

The Jozwiak critics will be surprised that I've included him but I genuinely believe we'll see the best of him when surrounded by better players.

We need much better quality in the team. Better tactics and team selection would also help.

Lawrence has shown far more than Jozwiak has so I'd have him in and Jozwiak out the starting 11.

Bird I don't personally rate so if we get some money for him I'd move him on. Agree with Wisdom, a solid enough utility player to have in the squad. Waghorn not good enough to even come off the bench for me at the moment, I'd rather have Mason Bennett back, move him on. Jozwiak worth retaining to see if there is a player in there somewhere but not currently looking like a starter of a good side. Knight has potential so be happy to see him stick around, same with Sibley. Not bothered about Shinnie or CKR either way, disappointed we offered the latter a contract, moreso because if that is the statement of intent it is underwhelming but I understand the role he could play behind the scenes if nothing else.

When was the last time we brought in somebody "new" that has improved our team. Byrne maybe ? Other than that I'm struggling to think of anyone, even including the academy players and yet people are expecting us to find over half a dozen quality players to make us into a top 6 team in one transfer window.

What's everyone smoking nowadays ??

47 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I don't agree with the Jozwiak criticism. What is he, or any winger we have meant to do in this system we're playing? No space to operate in, no supporting runs, no movement, no one to cross to. 

Your joking right. He couldn’t pick out a man if he had all the time in the world and the person he passed it to was all on his own.

The standard of the Championship is terrible. 

I'll try for a whole squad (2 players for every position and only including players under contract for next season).

GK: Marshall, Roos
RB: Byrne, McDonald
CB: NEW, NEW, NEW, NEW
LB: Buchanan, Forsyth
DM: Bielik, NEW
CM: Knight, Sibley, Bird, Shinnie
RW: NEW, NEW
ST: NEW, Kazim
LW: Lawrence, Jozwiak

I think it's clear to see where the problem areas are. We'll need a whole new bunch of CBs (or Edmundson and Clarke if we can get those back plus 2 more). Cover for Bielik if his injury problems persist (we've all seen the difference since he's been out). A new winger. A new centre-forward. Possibly an additional CM (we've got 4 contracted... could just do with someone with a bit more creativity to add to our options).

A pretty long shopping list. And a pretty big ask to bring in that many players and it work.

Roos/Marshall both fine

Byrne New New (Clarke?) New

Knight Bielik New

New  New New

Shinnie is useful player as well, but only one, him or Knight, should play. 
CKR excellent option as well, but we should aim to get a better one.
Our LB's are both decent but IMO not good enough for a promotion push.
Wingers... well, let's just say we need some upgrade there. ?
That's hell of a rebuild and I wish we had Cocu doing the recruiting. CKR, Byrne and Marshall basically without money is a terrific business.