Barnsley v Derby, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby Nil Barnsley 0 at half time.

I don't know what to make of that half, the conditions are not conductive to good football and we are matching them in Hoof Ball.

Controversial here ....  I think Jozwiak was out best player, granted he make the wrong choices and loses the ball but he is trying to get in behind them, notable mentions for Knight and believe it or not Mengi.

Gregory has done nothing so far except give the ball away, he is playing on scraps though.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We are playing them at their own game and thus far...it’s working. As others have said strangely absorbing. 

It's working in the sense that it's still 0-0 but they've had a couple free headers they should have done more with and Mengi has gotten away about 4 or 5 mistakes.

If the game continues this way I think we are more likely to lose it because more mistakes will creep in.

I would happily.miss the second half if we get a point. Probably a.lapse of concentration after 50 minutes to go one down. We may score a fluke goal tonight as they keep pressing. Ring Rowett for help. Mengi looks good in this game. Bring on Wilson with ten to go to get a penalty.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

0-0.

Reminds me of Bristol Downs League Div 3. 1998. 
Mengi the highlight for me. This game can go either way. Who will blink first? 

The ball spends so much time in the air I think is not so much who will blink first than who gets neck strain first.?

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

0-0.

Reminds me of Bristol Downs League Div 3. 1998. 
Mengi the highlight for me. This game can go either way. Who will blink first? 

I played one game in the Downs league as a favour to a friend. Remember I marked a punk called Neil.

Happy days.

Archived