RIP Mickey Lewis

admira

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also met him at one of those end of season club awards nights. He just came up to us and started talking to us. A real down to earth lad. One of the early building blocks that Arthur put in place to take us back to where we belonged after falling for so many years. RIP Mickey, 56 is far too young 

I posted in the match day thread about a 3-0 away win at Coventry. Sure Mickey Lewis played in that game.

Whole hearted player. Never shirked out and gave his all. Wouldn’t last long in today’s game when if you breathe on someone it is a free kick but loved those tackles in that Liverpool game. No wonder those of us of a certain age look on with incredulity when players get sent off for winning the ball.

RIP Mickey - sad loss 

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

I prefered his tackle on John Barnes, the McMahon tackle is at 5.20.

RIP Miickey we remember you fondly.

Very sad to hear of his passing and I liked watching him play, but come on man, that was an utterly disgraceful tackle. I'd much rather you posted one of the many where he played hard and fair.

Nevertheless, RIP to Mickey and condolences to his family. Indeed 56 seems crazy young.

Very sobering when players from that era pass - Rob Hindmarch a few years back. As has been said - it's no age to go!

Funny, but my only real memory of Mickey was an evening match at the Baseball Ground where he was badly tackled and had a spasm on the pitch.

RIP

This may be my memory playing tricks but I’m sure I remember one of his early games for us, he came in as a sub, sprinted 50 yards across the pitch, clattered the opposition player, and went straight into the book. 
Summed him up really - enthusiasm, endeavour and just a bit out of control

Archived