NFL 2021 Season

Day

On 11/01/2022 at 00:30, Ambitious said:

Isn't it ironic that the NFL franchise with the most insufferable fans also own the football club with the most insufferable fans?

It's also ironic that I have the same feeling in the Rams, Niners games as I did in the Derby, Leeds games in 2018. Now, only if that could end the same way with a play-off win in the NFC Championship game.

I really can't stand them. I'd take Derby losing to Forest on the 22nd if I was guaranteed to see the Rams beat the living poo out of the Niners the week after. 

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

The stage is set. 

Pretty amazing when you think 3 of the 4 games were decided by a walk off field goal.  Some insanely close games.  As for the Chiefs & Bills, that was probably the craziest last 2 minutes of a game for a very long time.

I'd love for my Niners to prevail over Rams but I think it's a game too far.  Rams v Chiefs final...

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

The stage is set. 

I was the same.

I'm sick of the Niners and everything about them.

They really are up there with Forest as the one of the teams I dislike most in sport.

I saw the Rams play in San Francisco on 5 occasions and every time their fans were a bunch of Bamfords.

Other than a one-off event in Minneapolis once I've never met such whiny inhospitable fans and I've seen the Rams play in a bunch of different places.

It's time to send the team in red home blubbing on their way and for the Rams to advance!

Los Angeles La GIF by Rocket Mortgage

Exceptional weekend of games, just a shame the Bills couldn’t get over the line but respect to Mahomes what a player what a game. Edge of the seat stuff with Rams edging Bucs thought they had somehow contrived to loose it by being too conservative in offence trying to preserve the lead.

Reckon it will be a Rams Chiefs final and it will take something special to stop the Chiefs but would really also like to see the Bengals come through and win it what a story that would be. 

Whatever this was the most exciting divisional round I can remember.

On 27/01/2022 at 07:50, jimbo jones said:

Brees retires and the cap hell is coming home to roost and he can't skip town fast enough. What a guy.

Would be amusing if it didn't mean he would be all over the NFL TV coverage and we will have to listen to him every week.

Going to be a rough few years for Saints fans, looks like a complete rebuild now is on the cards.

2 hours ago, David said:

Would be amusing if it didn't mean he would be all over the NFL TV coverage and we will have to listen to him every week.

Going to be a rough few years for Saints fans, looks like a complete rebuild now is on the cards.

They were laughably poor when I first started watching as a hungover student in the 80s.

Felt quite sorry for them. They only got featured rarely and inevitably got completely hosed..... ?

The stage is set for the Falcons the year after next.  Saints are done, Panthers are garbage and the Brady era is nearly over.

We have a difficult schedule next year that I hope will result in a high pick to get Stroud or Young in the draft.  We then become the new Bengals!!  (One can hope!)

11 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

They were laughably poor when I first started watching as a hungover student in the 80s.

Felt quite sorry for them. They only got featured rarely and inevitably got completely hosed..... ?

Yeah, pre Peyton and Brees they were basically the Detroit Lions....well the Lions were better.

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

In short, yes ?

9 hours ago, David said:

Are you calling @SaintRam a glory hunter then? ?

Hey! I didn't even know the NFL existed before 2006 ?

Tbh though if the offense wasn't so enjoyable to watch during the three 7-9 seasons in a row (my first 3 as a Saints fan), I doubt I'd be that into the NFL now. Say it quietly but I get really bored watching "neutral" games ?

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Hey! I didn't even know the NFL existed before 2006 ?

Tbh though if the offense wasn't so enjoyable to watch during the three 7-9 seasons in a row (my first 3 as a Saints fan), I doubt I'd be that into the NFL now. Say it quietly but I get really bored watching "neutral" games ?

I knew that would lure you out ?

How do you see the next couple of years going, time to trade Kamara and Thomas to get the picks to rebuild?