NFL 2021 Season

David

In bigger news....

whenever they finally decide what the salary cap is going to be, we will still need to make some more moves to create cap space.

Free Agency should be interesting, the big names will still pull big money, but after that there’s not going to be a lot of money about.

69B7D377-2FB3-4C87-B241-51918E4A8E35.jpeg

On 02/03/2021 at 23:32, jimbo jones said:

In bigger news....

whenever they finally decide what the salary cap is going to be, we will still need to make some more moves to create cap space.

Free Agency should be interesting, the big names will still pull big money, but after that there’s not going to be a lot of money about.

69B7D377-2FB3-4C87-B241-51918E4A8E35.jpeg

Gave it a few days to see if anyone would react to this big news, they haven’t, couldn’t leave you hanging any longer so here you go.

steve coogan shrug GIF

There’s restructures all over the place, as teams desperately try and make room for this seasons cap.  

With the new TV deal with the 3rd station, and the 17th game expected soon, it makes more sense than ever to backload contracts. The cap will go up and up after this season.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Presumably trumped only by the news that  Big Ben has taken a salary cut and "done a savage" by spreading his salary over 2 years to free up salary cap. 

Now there's a selfless gesture, so the 39 year old can dodder around for one last season...... ?

Not great news at all, but then it’s helped the cap space out a bit, we don’t really have much room to make a play for any of the QB’s that were available.

James Connor looks like he’s gone, removed all Steelers references from his Twitter and posted some not that cryptic tweets which basically say laters.

Juju, one of the reasons I started following Steelers is having a big sale on all his merchandise, doesn’t look good ☹️

27 minutes ago, David said:

Not great news at all, but then it’s helped the cap space out a bit, we don’t really have much room to make a play for any of the QB’s that were available.

James Connor looks like he’s gone, removed all Steelers references from his Twitter and posted some not that cryptic tweets which basically say laters.

Juju, one of the reasons I started following Steelers is having a big sale on all his merchandise, doesn’t look good ☹️

Yep - looks like a pretty clear signal. But who's got space in their cap to take him on? 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Yep - looks like a pretty clear signal. But who's got space in their cap to take him on? 

Juju? No idea, not come off the best of seasons to be demanding a mega pay day either. Claims he wants to stay and retire in Pittsburgh but it's been pretty quiet from the team side. The TikTok stuff didn't go down too well, might not want the drama he brings to the team, needs to decide if he wants to be a social media star or NFL star player. Hasn't stepped up and taken that WR1 role he claimed he would.

James Connor, dear me, feel for anyone that ends up with him, can barely break a tackle unless the red carpet is laid out for him, made of glass as well. 

We could do with tanking this year, we aren't going anywhere until we've moved on from Ben.

51 minutes ago, David said:

Juju? No idea, not come off the best of seasons to be demanding a mega pay day either. Claims he wants to stay and retire in Pittsburgh but it's been pretty quiet from the team side. The TikTok stuff didn't go down too well, might not want the drama he brings to the team, needs to decide if he wants to be a social media star or NFL star player. Hasn't stepped up and taken that WR1 role he claimed he would.

James Connor, dear me, feel for anyone that ends up with him, can barely break a tackle unless the red carpet is laid out for him, made of glass as well. 

We could do with tanking this year, we aren't going anywhere until we've moved on from Ben.

I'd better choose a team..... When I first got into the sport in the 80s at uni, I followed the Saints as they were complete no hopers then. Now it seems that they are not and have an unpopular head coach. 

Maybe the jets...... Just so I can't be accused of jumping on any bandwagon ?

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd better choose a team..... When I first got into the sport in the 80s at uni, I followed the Saints as they were complete no hopers then. Now it seems that they are not and have an unpopular head coach. 

Maybe the jets...... Just so I can't be accused of jumping on any bandwagon ?

Ugh, Payton is a tool of the highest order. If he was to be appointed Steelers HC I would drop them instantly and move on. 

When you talk about cap space, love to see how they wangle out of it again this year, Brees retiring, Winston on free agency, left with a Lamar Jackson wannabe.

1 minute ago, David said:

Ugh, Payton is a tool of the highest order. If he was to be appointed Steelers HC I would drop them instantly and move on. 

When you talk about cap space, love to see how they wangle out of it again this year, Brees retiring, Winston on free agency, left with a Lamar Jackson wannabe.

Hmm. Not them then. Think I'm going to go Bengals as the one game I've gone to in the USA was in 96 and was the San Diego chargers vs the Bengals. 

Now the chargers have moved they can poke that so the Bengals it is. 

Will now do a bit of research to see how crummy they are..... 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hmm. Not them then. Think I'm going to go Bengals as the one game I've gone to in the USA was in 96 and was the San Diego chargers vs the Bengals. 

Now the chargers have moved they can poke that so the Bengals it is. 

Will now do a bit of research to see how crummy they are..... 

Bills. If I was to choose again, entertaining team to watch and you know you have a decent QB secured for the future. Fans are nutcases as well, in a good way.

57 minutes ago, David said:

Something we can agree on ? thankfully it’s pretty safe to say we’d never appoint him after bountygate.