NFL 2021 Season

Day

On 04/01/2022 at 22:53, jimbo jones said:

Teddy Bridgewater, though currently Drew Lock cus of injury or covid, one of the 2.

Broncos is the most plausible destination for a Cousins trade, their GM George Paton is the guy who was biggest on bringing Cousins to Minnesota when he was with us. If they can't get Rodgers again they could come for Cousins. 

Can you imagine being promised Rodgers and getting Cousins?

It’s like being taken out for a top meal and being taken to a Harvester!

Anyone got any thoughts on MVP? 

Players in the running, Brady, Rodgers, Taylor, Kupp, Burrow.

I’d kind of like Cooper Kupp to win it, just because a WR has never won it before. It's always been a quarterback and running back dominated award and now running backs have fell out of favour. 54 of the 57 MVP’s have gone to those two positions.

Only 2 defensive legends managed to break through, Alan Page and Lawrence Taylor and randomly a kicker won it once ?‍♂️

Anyway, it's probably between Brady and Rodgers.

12 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I’d kind of like Cooper Kupp to win it, just because a WR has never won it before. It's always been a quarterback and running back dominated award and now running backs have fell out of favour. 54 of the 57 MVP’s have gone to those two positions.

Only 2 defensive legends managed to break through, Alan Page and Lawrence Taylor and randomly a kicker won it once ?‍♂️

I reckon Rodgers just because he’s been injured and playing through and there’s been a fair few injuries and he’s kept us winning.

On 06/01/2022 at 10:36, jimbo jones said:

Lawrence Taylor was awesome for the giants back when they were a force. 

Didn’t Jerry Rice ever win it? I'm surprised given that he seems to have won everything else..... 

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Lawrence Taylor was awesome for the giants back when they were a force. 

Didn’t Jerry Rice ever win it? I'm surprised given that he seems to have won everything else..... 

Nope, Page, Taylor and Mark Mosely (the kicker) are the only 3 winners who werent a quarterback or running back.

So the Steelers tottered through in the end. 

Packers and Titans get straight into the divisional round. 

Steelers vs Chiefs, Bengals vs Raiders and Vikings vs..... Er..... In the wildcard round. 

I don't understand the criteria for getting a bye from the wildcard round. Packers had the best overall record but the titans were tied up with the chiefs in the AFC and had a worse points for total. 

Anyway, some weird results last game. Maybe some teams played soft to avoid injuries given that they had nothing to play for. 

7 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So the Steelers tottered through in the end. 

Packers and Titans get straight into the divisional round. 

Steelers vs Chiefs, Bengals vs Raiders and Vikings vs..... Er..... In the wildcard round. 

I don't understand the criteria for getting a bye from the wildcard round. Packers had the best overall record but the titans were tied up with the chiefs in the AFC and had a worse points for total. 

Anyway, some weird results last game. Maybe some teams played soft to avoid injuries given that they had nothing to play for. 

Points total is low down on the tiebreakers...bewlow is the order.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory in all games.

Strength of schedule in all games

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

15 hours ago, Curtains said:

What a great comeback by the 49rs

Isn't it ironic that the NFL franchise with the most insufferable fans also own the football club with the most insufferable fans?

It's also ironic that I have the same feeling in the Rams, Niners games as I did in the Derby, Leeds games in 2018. Now, only if that could end the same way with a play-off win in the NFC Championship game.

I really can't stand them. I'd take Derby losing to Forest on the 22nd if I was guaranteed to see the Rams beat the living poo out of the Niners the week after.