Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually try to be balanced in my views but not in these games!!! ducking seething!! Wisdom and Clarke have set the tone with their pedestrian football, but started to take charge of the game, should have had a pen but then Knight has to score! The goal was a ducking disgrace from defence and Marshall, the reaction to the goal was even worse and then Roos does his best to hand them a second.

Lost all 14 where we’ve conceded first - it’s looking grim.

Just get these ducking 5 wins and end the season please!!! I’ve had enough now!

Nothing coming from midfield.  Buchanan is a bit stick or bust with Knockeart but we need to send him the other way as he will not defend.  Awful goal.  Jozwiak is driving me mad.  We just don't have conviction in these games to go for it and relax on the ball.  Referee could have made it easier as we should be playing 10 I think.  Next time Waghorn needs to go down like he's shot, what's good for the goose. 

Bar 10 minutes we were just the better team.  Can see why these beat teams around them who have minimal attacking output, they just strangle you.  I can also see why there squad of 40 isn't going to bother the top half as well as those teams create more than 2 chances a game.

We're not playing well but should have gone 1 up. Bad miss from Knight. Went to sleep defensively and Marshall gave them a goal - dreadful keeping which he'll know. Most worrying thing is how poor we were after the goal. I expect Rooney to make an early change or two. Fingers crossed for the second half.

Poor half from us, we don’t look up for the game at all. Very lax in possession, and all too slow in the build up - very Cocu esque with no decent movement at all. And when we have created chances, as per usual we’ve wasted them - that miss by Knight was shocking. 

I mean to be fair, Forest haven’t been much better, and we don’t deserve to be losing. If the referee could spot a blatant handball, and if Marshall played like a professional goalkeeper, then things might be different. But we’ve looked absolutely terrible since their goal, and frankly we’ve not looked up for the fight all match, yet again in a match against Forest. Extremely disappointing that we’ve not come out with more fire in our bellies. Rooney needs to get into them at half time, and tell them to get their poo together. Sadly though, I fear with our record that the game is already lost.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Played ok for the first 30. Been way off it since. Young lads all having a bit of stage fright, zero quality on the ball. Be nice to see them grow a bit in the second half and make a name for themselves ala Hendrick 10 men. 

Perfect away performance from Forest so far, playing like a mature, well drilled side and a lovely couple of slices of luck to boot. 

The zero quality comes when you have a midfield 3 of shinnie knight and bird there’s zero quality on the ball in those 3 lots of running but not play maker material ideally you could have say 2 of them and then a play maker 

Find it very weird singling out Jozwiak for criticism, he's not exactly been given the ball in any positions or space to do anything with it.

We don't put together passing moves to get the ball to him out left so he never has the chance to run at anyone, as such we seem to be forcing him move into a no. 10 role if he's ever to see the ball, and he's not a no. 10.

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Played ok for the first 30. Been way off it since. Young lads all having a bit of stage fright, zero quality on the ball. Be nice to see them grow a bit in the second half and make a name for themselves ala Hendrick 10 men. 

Perfect away performance from Forest so far, playing like a mature, well drilled side and a lovely couple of slices of luck to boot. 

Spot on mate. Think we have also been too rushed final third because generally the build up from the back pair has taken an age and they’re set.

Forest doing us so far. Hoping Rooney inspires us and maybe changes things.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting watching the game with no artificial crowd noise. We are incredibly meek and quiet as a team. This is part of the issue alluded to in another thread about referees and being streetwise. When the gump player saved the ball on the line, every single Derby player needs to be shouting at the ref for the pen. Instead there was just a polite appeal from Colin. Of course it's a shocking decision by the ref that might cost us the game, but we gave him the easy way out by not putting pressure on him.

Then a terrible miss by Knight from the corner and awful blunder by Marshall for the goal. I'm glad we've got to HT and can sort ourselves out, but we need urgency and dynamism like never before, but instead would rather turn backwards than run forward and are strolling around lackadaisically at the back (yes I'm looking at you Andre). 

We were much the better team before the goal, but we weren't doing enough. We need to do a lot now.

We are getting by with wisdom but he is a stand in obviously we need to improve in that position as in the summer we currently won’t have any centre half’s at all 

Archived