The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sorry, just to clarify my question before, if everyone is still wearing masks, isolating when positive and social distancing, how can they attribute falling numbers on just vaccinations, but then on the other hand, say being vaccinated isn't enough to justify certain things?? 

They do things that don't have to be justified, see the latest 'joke' of the Cabinet fallout that led to Portugal going amber and Malta not going green.

Edited by RoyMac5

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

@G STAR RAMI think you and I are pretty much aligned. I am failing to see anyone representing my concerns in public. Those that are willing to ask pretty basic questions, and point out that the logic isn't consistent appear to be ridiculed and discredited instead of answered.

We are being told to believe the very same people who we were told to believe 12-15mths ago who were proven to be full of crap in hindsight, so why aren't they full of crap now? Why are they SOoooooooooooooooo desperate to get everyone vaccinated  and anything wrong is subject to thinly-veiled link/accusations to being non-vaccinated.?

One very annoying aspect throughout is that the media that are given the platform to ask the questions that the general public want answers to, have completely failed throughout. 

They would rather ask about the wallpaper in No 10 or Dominic Cummings eyesight than actually carry out a service to the public.

They are all just after their 'gotcha' moment rather than any genuine concern for the public.

Here's a new one for all you 'youngsters' out there! From the Beeb quoting the i newspaper:

The UK is in a "race to stop" the Delta variant spreading long Covid, the i reports. Its bullet-point summary of news lines focuses on the risks faced by young people, with under-30s being invited to book their vaccinations this week. Experts are warning that younger people who have not yet been jabbed risk contracting "long Covid", the paper reports.

16 hours ago, Eddie said:

Sorry, I really don't follow where this is going so I'm baling out. The idiocy has risen to the surface in this thread over the last two hours, so I'll leave it to you experts.

One mans idiocy is another mans arrogance ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, Archied said:

One mans idiocy is another mans arrogance ??‍♂️

I'd far rather be arrogant than an idiot.

That's my big problem. If I was an idiot I'd get on with others far better. The downside of that is I'd be a Forest fan.

If DCFCFans was a motor racing circuit, this thread would be called Dunning Kruger Curve.

Edited by Eddie

48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That's my big problem. If I was an idiot I'd get on with others far better. The downside of that is I'd be a Forest fan.

If DCFCFans was a motor racing circuit, this thread would be called Dunning Kruger Curve.

Yep , proves the point ????

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I thought Dunning Kruger Curve was a South African beer. What an idiot I am at times.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Pretty gross. They have the vaccine uptake amongst the vulnerable, and yet still choose to curtail civil liberties. 

I am still hoping there will be some lifting on the 21st. It is a bit of a misleading headline which as been typical really throughout. The headline suggests its decided yet the article is pretty much just a rehash of everything other article thats been published over the last few weeks which uses the words 'Could'.

The media have been saying that for weeks now.

Lets face it we are in the summer now and chances are weather will stay nice so a good quantity of people will still be outdoors, i think the risks are low although im about as qualified to asses risks as i am to perform brain surgery, but thats my opinion.

Why not go with opening up, but still leave the work from home directive in force for a little while longer if it minimises the risk. Surely its time we can start using our common sense. If i went in a pub and it was packed if probably turn around and find somewhere less so, manage my own risk.

17 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The governement have consistently stated that the decision will be reviewed on 14th June - and the media have consistently wound up the public with rumours and suggestions - they really are pathetic.....

'Britain’s roadmap for easing lockdown could be delayed by a fortnight with cabinet ministers increasingly pessimistic after a “downbeat” briefing from Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance.'

so this is al the medias fault?

12 minutes ago, Spanish said:

'Britain’s roadmap for easing lockdown could be delayed by a fortnight with cabinet ministers increasingly pessimistic after a “downbeat” briefing from Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance.'

so this is al the medias fault?

If they're stirring things up when there's been no official announcement, then yes it is (and the part you quoted is not 'official' but a leak or gossip or poo stirring) - they're in an escalating competition for clicks on their news stories and don't give a monkey's about the accuracy of their 'stories' or the impact it's having on the general public.....

30 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

If they're stirring things up when there's been no official announcement, then yes it is (and the part you quoted is not 'official' but a leak or gossip or poo stirring) - they're in an escalating competition for clicks on their news stories and don't give a monkey's about the accuracy of their 'stories' or the impact it's having on the general public.....

they only print what will sell copy.

58 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Whilst the media aren't blameless, there are continual leaks from the people in power. That is how this current administration operates.

Think of some options, leak to the media, modify decisions based on response. Cowardly.