The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

5 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

What do people on here think we should do? Do people think the Indian variant is a problem? Do people think our vacation program will keep us on track? Asking now before captain Hindsight comes on in 4 weeks telling us all what should have happened.

I don't know anyone who has it or has symptoms, there's no one off work with anything covid related (out of 600).

My own opinion based on absolutely no scientific evidence whatsoever is that the virus has done its worst and will continue to pop up in various forms like the flu virus does, but not ravage the population.

Lets get back to normal.

9 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

What do people on here think we should do? Do people think the Indian variant is a problem? Do people think our vacation program will keep us on track? Asking now before captain Hindsight comes on in 4 weeks telling us all what should have happened.

Surprisingly haha...my view is there is absolutely nothing stopping us returning to normal June 21st, we’ve protected the vulnerable, flattened the curve, protected the NHS and so on and so on. The Indian variant won’t be the last one, but we have to live with it now like all other viruses. Most of the population is vaccinated at least once and by June most twice, those who haven’t taken it up then that’s your choice but no one should have to restrict their life’s to protect those who choose not to be vaccinated. Roll on June, back in Stadiums, back at Festivals, back in pubs standing at the bar having the craic......all this should be a distant memory come July. 

In terms of getting back to normal, I think we should all err on the side of caution. 

Let's carry on gradually getting back to normal, last week I visited both a pub and a restaurant indoors, and haven't died.

Next we need to open up a few more overseas holiday destinations, preferably by early July, see how it goes, then take the next step if safe to do so.

Full stadiums from next season onwards.

Probably better to wait and see how Autumn and Winter goes, before we return to full normality this time next year.

All of the above is based on personal circumstances, mind.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I am going to firebomb the Monsoon Takeaway in Rustington, and I have scratched off visiting the Taj Mahal on my bucket list. Probably won’t help at all to eradicate the virus, but I am hoping once done it might make me feel slightly less annoyed about this new variant.

Or if you’re Scottish you could write a new calendar erasing April because they prefer to call it the April Variant. 
Yet we don’t have a complex about the Kent variant or is it Kant?

26 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I just want to bin the masks in the workplace. In an eight hour shift I’m wearing one well over seven hours and frankly I’m up to the back teeth with them.

Got no problem wearing one in a supermarket or any other shop I may venture into I must add.

I don’t wear one at work. I think I should if I’m walking around the building but it’s best finding out who’s in first. Most people want to ditch it.

9 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Is that because you have had both jabs?

Yes. That and the fact that social distancing, mask-wearing, checking in and the like seem to be acceptable pains in the butt. Not seen any idiocy at all.

9 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Well, we're off for a 3 night camping trip to Conwy next weekend, and have a fortnight booked for September in Dorset, so my vacation programme is shaping up nicely, at least.   

On 17/05/2021 at 14:21, TexasRam said:

Just for some perspective.Texas fully opened with no restrictions or masks TEN weeks ago. They’ve held sports events inside with 70k people, nightclubs are packed, yet their COVID cases,deaths & hospitals data plummets. Light at the end of the tunnel irrespective of variants and media scaremongering. 

Texas is 5 times bigger than England. The population is half that on England.

Could that have anything to do with the cases in Texas being so low?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Texas is 5 times bigger than England. The population is half that on England.

Could that have anything to do with the cases in Texas being so low?

Cities in the state are densely populated, so maybe a flaw in your logic.

14 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I just want to bin the masks in the workplace. In an eight hour shift I’m wearing one well over seven hours and frankly I’m up to the back teeth with them.

Got no problem wearing one in a supermarket or any other shop I may venture into I must add.

Yes. 12 hours for me. Compulsory masks.

I think the rate for the area where work is, currently stands at 8 per 100,000. So less than one person in 10,000. I'd have to be quite unlucky to meet them at work.

17 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Yes. 12 hours for me. Compulsory masks.

I think the rate for the area where work is, currently stands at 8 per 100,000. So less than one person in 10,000. I'd have to be quite unlucky to meet them at work.

Not just meet them, but be in close proximity for a sustained period - about 15 minutes? So very unlucky.