The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Welcome to the COVID (‘politics’) thread. If you stick around you will see almost all posters are snarky and/or often completely missing the point.

There’s a point to this thread?

Do we get a winner at the end?

11 hours ago, Ewetube said:

I think you've  completely missed the point of my post and to be honest I found your reply a little snarky.

I posted it for people with an open mind and Interest in the subject for their consideration with a link to the video, should they care to watch it.

I drew no conclusions just posted the main points from the video as I saw them.

Of the 17k+ people that unfortunately died they, on average died at or around the average life expectancy for a UK citizen.

I have no axe to grind on the subject I try to follow the data from reports and research on the subject, now being in an extremely high risk group to any infection I have a vested interest in it.

The average life expectancy for a UK citizen is calculated at birth. If you are 82 you still have maybe 8 years of life expectancy left on average. 

37 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The average life expectancy for a UK citizen is calculated at birth. If you are 82 you still have maybe 8 years of life expectancy left on average. 

82 is the average life expectancy for a female in the UK. 79 is the average for a male.

In either case, an 82 year old wouldn't have an average of 8 years life expectancy left.

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

An average 82 year old still has about 8 years of life expectancy, despite usually having lots of minor or even major ailments. 

Some people aged 90 may die of COVID. Some like MeatLoaf only 74, so it averages out. . Some people die much younger. So your point is what exactly? If you are old and have ever had anything wrong with you, you may as well catch covid and die?   

My point is that it firstly, it’s doesn’t back up the narrative that absolutely everyone is likely to die, and secondly that ANY death as a result of the vaccine was avoidable. 

41 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Call me a conspiracist but the people at the top with all the scientific knowledge about this so called deadly virus were throwing birthday parties, having affairs and so on during the peak times of the crisis, does this not scream to you it’s nowhere near as bad as they’ve led everyone to believe? 

The then Health Secretary Matt Hancock was getting jiggy with it outside of his immediate social circle! 

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

The then Health Secretary Matt Hancock was getting jiggy with it outside of his immediate social circle! 

Don’t forget Ferguson long before vaccines and he told us the bodies were going to be piling up on the streets ??‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Exactly, and yet they’re still forcing people in the NHS to have a jab, hope the government get overthrown along with the EFL! 

20 minutes ago, Archied said:

Don’t forget Ferguson long before vaccines and he told us the bodies were going to be piling up on the streets ??‍♂️

I don’t understand how this guy gets air time. I’d suggest Uri Geller is more credible! 

8 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

My point is that it firstly, it’s doesn’t back up the narrative that absolutely everyone is likely to die

I don't get it. I've lived through the last two years the same as everyone else and at no point have I absorbed any information that made me think "everyone is likely to die". It's always been made clear that some people are far more vulnerable than others

21 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I don't get it. I've lived through the last two years the same as everyone else and at no point have I absorbed any information that made me think "everyone is likely to die". It's always been made clear that some people are far more vulnerable than others

Like my old maths professor used to say - "There are big bolics, little bolics and hyperbolics".

Edited by Eddie

19 hours ago, Rev said:

82 is the average life expectancy for a female in the UK. 79 is the average for a male.

In either case, an 82 year old wouldn't have an average of 8 years life expectancy left.

Yes they would. You  expect to live to 90 if you are male and 91 if you are female. So 8 or 9 years. Or maybe none if you catch corona.  

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthandlifeexpectancies/articles/lifeexpectancycalculator/2019-06-07

So despite pretty much everyone now accepting that this virus is now no longer any more dangerous than the flu, it appears my daughters school have decided to revert back to remote learning because they want to implement a 'circuit breaker', and obviously school teachers are very well placed to assess what affect this will have on public health.

Absolute cretins.

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So despite pretty much everyone now accepting that this virus is now no longer any more dangerous than the flu, it appears my daughters school have decided to revert back to remote learning because they want to implement a 'circuit breaker', and obviously school teachers are very well placed to assess what affect this will have on public health.

Absolute cretins.

Seems odd. Are there lots of teachers off with Covid? There are quite a few at my kids school off.

41 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Absolute cretins.

Still getting the current equivalent of 100,000 deaths per year.

There has never been a flu death toll in this country approaching those figures in the last 25 years. You're right - the people who say it's 'no more dangerous than the flu' are, and always have been, absolute cretins.