The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

14 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I honestly couldn’t care less if they had a party, I’m sure absolutely everybody on here broke or bent the rules at least once and those who said they didn’t are?. Anyway you’ll get your chance to protest at the ballet box but if you think the other lot will be any different you need to give your head a wobble . Be careful what you wish for 

Yes, but we weren't the ones making the rules and convincing people your lives were in danger if you didn't follow them.

The rules led to people missing funerals of loved ones, led to people dying alone in hospitals, led to businesses closing, led to people's mental health taking a battering, led to people in court for not following them.

Like you, the actual party element of the story is no skin off my nose, thinking they have the right to play to different rules, lying about it and laughing when challenged on it is.

If you think its acceptable Id suggest you should join me in giving my head a wobble.

What the other party would or would not have done is once again irrelevant, I have regularly called out Labour politicians on their behaviour already.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes, but we weren't the ones making the rules and convincing people your lives were in danger if you didn't follow them.

The rules led to people missing funerals of loved ones, led to people dying alone in hospitals, led to businesses closing, led to people's mental health taking a battering, led to people in court for not following them.

Like you, the actual party element of the story is no skin off my nose, thinking they have the right to play to different rules, lying about it and laughing when challenged on it is.

If you think its acceptable Id suggest you should join me in giving my head a wobble.

What the other party would or would not have done is once again irrelevant, I have regularly called out Labour politicians on their behaviour already.

People at the the top with all the facts and figures to hand ,managing to petrify a nation are not in the least concerned about the threat of covid ??‍♂️, wouldn’t surprise me in the least to find boris didn’t have covid but was rushed in to have a mole removed from his backside ,

the threat from covid was obviously enough for them to make their own personal choices regards the virus it was the case from day one with Ferguson and never changed

Edited by Archied

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would struggle to think of any other politcian stupid enough to allow all these parties to happen, apart from the one who did.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Keir Starmer?

The newspapers reported Starmer's 'business meeting' 8 months ago and he was rightly criticised for it at the time, but in desperation the right-wing newspapers have wheeled it out again this week purely and simply to deflect attention from Boris, hiding in a fridge somewhere.

Muh red globalists are better than blue globalists or vice versa. I don't particularly care about Bojo or Starmer. The larger picture is that the people pushing lockdown rules, mask/vaccine mandates worldwide have consistently shown through their actions that they don't actually view covid as a threat when it comes to their personal lives.

Edited by Anon

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Good to see Djokovic finally deported from Australia. 

Deporting people for not having a vaccine that doesn't stop you from contracting or spreading a disease is good?

Maybe next we should identify age groups and ethnicities more susceptible to the virus and discriminate against them too

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Deporting people for not having a vaccine that doesn't stop you from contracting or spreading a disease is good?

Maybe next we should identify age groups and ethnicities more susceptible to the virus and discriminate against them too

Should never have been allowed to be in the country in the first place if he was unvaccinated. 

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because?

You were very much in favour of a sovereign state being in a position to 'control our borders' a few years ago.

Why is there so much opposition to it now when it's somebody else's borders?

Just asking - and for the record, I think I'm inclined to agree with the 'what's the point?' argument given the as-now almost endemic nature of the milder variant of the disease.

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You were very much in favour of a sovereign state being in a position to 'control our borders' a few years ago.

Why is there so much opposition to it now when it's somebody else's borders?

Just asking - and for the record, I think I'm inclined to agree with the 'what's the point?' argument given the as-now almost endemic nature of the milder variant of the disease.

Yeah suppose its not really any of my business what Australia chooses to do, would not be happy if our country was doing it though. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because he's not had a vaccine that stops nothing other than the person getting seriously ill?

If by "stop" you mean reduce the risk of someone other than the vaccinated person getting ill or dying then you are wrong, and you wil not be right no matter how many times you say it.

I don't agree with mandatory vaccination, but if Djokovic was so opposed to mandatory vaccination he shouldn't have gone to Australia, and certainly shouldn't stay there..

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because he's not had a vaccine that stops nothing other than the person getting seriously ill?

Vaccination in most cases reduces the severity of the disease.

Reducing the severity of the disease in a person reduces their viral load - and wearing a mask helps in respect to the particles they expel.

A reduction in viral load reduces the likelihood of the next person contracting it because there are fewer virus particles for them to inhale.

And so on.

Edited by Eddie

24 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If by "stop" you mean reduce the risk of someone other than the vaccinated person getting ill or dying then you are wrong, and you wil not be right no matter how many times you say it.

I don't agree with mandatory vaccination, but if Djokovic was so opposed to mandatory vaccination he shouldn't have gone to Australia, and certainly shouldn't stay there..

I prefer to look at real world data to support my claims.

Don't know the ins and outs of his case to be honest.

Your last paragraph is a bit of a contradiction.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Vaccination in most cases reduces the severity of the disease.

Reducing the severity of the disease in a person reduces their viral load - and wearing a mask helps in respect to the particles they expel.

A reduction in viral load reduces the likelihood of the next person contracting it because there are fewer virus particles for them to inhale.

And so on.

Doesn't really seem to fit in with the data over the last 6 weeks.

Going back to your earlier post re lockdowns being the reason for cases going down last March, what is the reason this time?