The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

Am I right in assuming that you haven't been vaccinated?

I must emphasise here that in no way do I support vaccine passports in any way, shape or form, yet you seem to be determined to pick an argument with me over this.

Didn't realise I was arguing with you per se - just arguing my case with various people on the forum at the time.

You asked my vaccination status before...  My vaccination status is a matter for me, my doctor and my wife.  I will never share the details and I will never go anywhere that requires a covid passport. 

FWIW, I support the vaccination drive (inc boosters) but am strongly against the use of an individuals vaccination status to be used against him/her/whatever.

22 minutes ago, David said:

Same.

My sister and fella have tested positive this week, they are out of isolation on the 23rd but with 3 kids in the house, matter of days now until one of those tests positive and pushes the isolation period over Christmas.

Looking like me and the missus will be staying at home again this year.

The stories people come up with to avoid spending Christmas with David. 

2 hours ago, ramit said:

Listen again.  Fauci said he would prefer people got voluntarily vaccinated but if they're not going to do that, sometimes you've got to do things that are unpopular but that clearly supersede individual choices.  i think i know a threat when i hear one and i don't need your approval to call things as i see them.

So, you are not in favour of mandating vaccinations, but think it would have been a good idea.  Right, gotcha.

It will be a cold day in Iceland when we declare war on France, but no it would not be okay, not without informed consent.

Oh well, if you *think* you know a threat when you hear one, let's just shut everything down and you can let us know because I didn't hear a threat and that report was from 9 days ago and nothing has happened on the threat front.

I'm not in favour of vaccinating dogs with rabies, or wasting time on teaching smokers that it's unhealthy....but ya know....there was a time when both were possibly a good idea.

You do realise that wars with France are far more common than worldwide pandemics - right?

30 minutes ago, Archied said:

Very kind of you to say that ( I get the impression it’s genuine concern) but I have various reasons for not wanting to go down the route of constant boosters at this point , some would be considered anecdotal so no point putting them on here,

covid may get me but so may many many things and I’m choosing to try to live as normally as I can 

Come on just get it, I know the experts have not yet had the time to analyse how dangerous the Omicron variant is but they have had the time to say that the booster will work against it...

26 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Oh well, if you *think* you know a threat when you hear one, let's just shut everything down and you can let us know because I didn't hear a threat and that report was from 9 days ago and nothing has happened on the threat front.

I'm not in favour of vaccinating dogs with rabies, or wasting time on teaching smokers that it's unhealthy....but ya know....there was a time when both were possibly a good idea.

You do realise that wars with France are far more common than worldwide pandemics - right?

I thought they'd just closed their borders. I didn't realise they were planning to declare war against us.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

You asked my vaccination status before...  My vaccination status is a matter for me, my doctor and my wife.  I will never share the details and I will never go anywhere that requires a covid passport. 

What about your mother's maiden name, first pet or birthday?

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What about your mother's maiden name, first pet or birthday?

Says the man who refused to disclose which political party he voted for. And even cried to the mods about it. 

But you don't mind asking for private medical information. 

20 minutes ago, Norman said:

Says the man who refused to disclose which political party he voted for. And even cried to the mods about it. 

But you don't mind asking for private medical information. 

It was a joke - like you.

Incidentally, I voted Tory once, when there was a local UKIP candidate who was running a close second. Other than that, tactical voting for either Labour or Liberal (my constituency has changed frequently over the last 50 years). I can categorically state that I have never reported anyone over something so petty as how I voted. You must be mixing me up with somebody else.

Edited by Eddie

9 hours ago, Archied said:

The vaccine was effective at stopping the virus spread until real world figures showed it wasn’t , is the virus less likely to mutate in vaccinated people catching it singular or multiple times than non vaccinated?

no boosters for me , my choice , now if the vaccine stopped me catching and spreading it and or stopped mutatations I would have a different view regards my choice ??‍♂️

Get it done 

So we can go back freaking normal

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe if more of our players had had the jab they wouldn't be self isolating now and we would have game on Saturday.

EDIT:

The Times ran a haedline this morning about covid running rampant through unvaccinated Premier League footballers despite the fact Brentford have called their game off due to an outbreak in their 100% double vaccinated squad...

Edited by maxjam

15 minutes ago, maxjam said:

EDIT:

The Times ran a haedline this morning about covid running rampant through unvaccinated Premier League footballers despite the fact Brentford have called their game off due to an outbreak in their 100% double vaccinated squad...

I think one problem that football clubs have is with the self isolation rules , which are stricter for unvaccinated people than they are for vaccinated. That's the case regardless of how effective you think the vaccines are.. no doubt everyone has their own views on that.