If Carlsberg did Rams’ fans return to Pride Park….

Ellafella

OK. Lockdown is lifted. First Home game, all fans are allowed back. What 3 things would you want to happen?

Mine:

1.    Players arrive at PP half an hour earlier than usual. They disembark the coach then spend time mingling with fans and I get to have a selfie with CKR, Shinnie and Marshall. (I know! I’m 55! ?)

2.    Then over to the Fans' park for Pre-Match Pints of Pedigree; First pint free, 2nd and third pint at 40% off. I'm wearing my new 1930's away shirt courtesy of  Rams Heritage Trust. We Re-acquaint with fellow fans and discuss Rooney’s progress and Mac3’s new hair. We sing "Since I was young" at deafening decibels.... @Angry Ram, Little Angry and us talk about the relative merits of 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, and 3-1-2-1-2-3 (ok, we're quite drunk now so nobody notices the poor arithmetic); @Boycie joins us and talks about trains. 

3.    Onto the game. The atmosphere is electric. The sun bathes us for 90 minutes. Post-match, regardless of the result (although we do win 4-0, playing liquid football) Rooney addresses the gathered masses and sets out his vision: he’s staying the entire length of his contract and he reveals his plan for winning the Championship next year.

Ok, but it could happen. 

What’s your 3?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. It's raining and I get soaked walking to the ground only to have the wind blowing rain into the East Stand just enough to soak me again but leaving the row behind perfectly dry.

2. The new signings struggle to gel and we concede after 15 minutes. The atmosphere goes toxic. The bloke in fronts of us shouts 'Forward' every time the defence gets the ball and the kn0b behind us picks his scapegoat for the season.

3. We miss a series of chances and eventually scramble a lucky equaliser in the last minute. Halfway to the car, the heavens open again and it takes an hour trying to get off Pride Park listening to Ed Dawes field calls from people who haven't watched the game.

Would still love it.  

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

OK. Lockdown is lifted. First Home game, all fans are allowed back. What 3 things would you want to happen?

Mine:

1.    Players arrive at PP half an hour earlier than usual. They disembark the coach then spend time mingling with fans and I get to have a selfie with CKR, Shinnie and Marshall. (I know! I’m 55! ?)

2.    Then over to the Fans' park for Pre-Match Pints of Pedigree; First pint free, 2nd and third pint at 40% off. I'm wearing my new 1930's away shirt courtesy of  Rams Heritage Trust. We Re-acquaint with fellow fans and discuss Rooney’s progress and Mac3’s new hair. We sing "Since I was young" at deafening decibels.... @Angry Ram, Little Angry and us talk about the relative merits of 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, and 3-1-2-1-2-3 (ok, we're quite drunk now so nobody notices the poor arithmetic); @Boycie joins us and talks about trains. 

3.    Onto the game. The atmosphere is electric. The sun bathes us for 90 minutes. Post-match, regardless of the result (although we do win 4-0, playing liquid football) Rooney addresses the gathered masses and sets out his vision: he’s staying the entire length of his contract and he reveals his plan for winning the Championship next year.

Ok, but it could happen. 

What’s your 3?

As if - you've just washed the one you found at the bottom of your drawer and are amazed that it still fits.?

4 minutes ago, sage said:

1. It's raining and I get soaked walking to the ground only to have the wind blowing rain into the East Stand just enough to soak me again but leaving the row behind perfectly dry.

2. The new signings struggle to gel and we concede after 15 minutes. The atmosphere goes toxic. The bloke in fronts of us shouts 'Forward' every time the defence gets the ball and the kn0b behind us picks his scapegoat for the season.

3. We miss a series of chances and eventually scramble a lucky equaliser in the last minute. Halfway to the car, the heavens open again and it takes an hour trying to get off Pride Park listening to Ed Dawes field calls from people who haven't watched the game.

Would still love it.  

Sounds great. I’m looking forward to walking over the new footbridge for a night match seeing everywhere lit up. Can’t wait. 

A sherry, before departing for my 30min pleasant stroll to the ground, enter at KO-45seconds, a nod and a distant elbow to the usual neighbours, then calmly take to my aisle seat.

... and then go absolute ments!

COME ON Derby!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Mine:

Ok, but it could happen. 

What’s your 3?

I thought we were going up this year

1. Walk past the Brunny, have a chuckle at all the fans in there that haven’t discovered a real pub yet.

2. Take a selfie outside the ground to upload to Instagram Stories thinking there must be one person out there who cares where I am.

3. Win the game 

1. No traffic on A14 or M1 so have time to catch up friends and family havent seen for over a year

2. We win 3-0 against Forest with goals from Sibley, Knight and Bird (ignoring timeline that we play forest v soon)

3. Rooney leads the fans in his new crowd pleaser (not the bounce) that his kids and Coleen have made him learn and practice for months over lockdown

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wetherspoons man, eh? 

Not a huge fan, has the similar old man smell in there, but the floors don’t creek and you get more room to take a leak and the drink selection is a lot better.

They know what they are doing in the Brunny though, fill the bar with a load of drinks nobody has heard of, couple of mouthfuls, eww this is rank, back to the bar and order another.

When you finally land on one you like, off it goes and replaced by a 5% Bishop’s Testicle IPA

1. All the pubs are open so I can get absolutely hammered, both before and after the game

2. We absolutely smash whoever we’re playing - something like 5-0 with an electric atmosphere 

3. We finally find the funds to turn the UV lights back on the pitch, so we’re playing on grass rather than a swamp

1. Flight is on time and they randomly chose me to upgrade to business class and I end up sitting next to Jennifer Anniston - across the Atlantic we get chatting and realise we have so much in common, and she wants to tour England with me, I tell her I have a spare ticket for the game and she thinks it will be a wonderful idea to come along with me, we fall in love, get married etc etc and Richard Curtis makes a film about it... (sorry I have got off the point)

2.First game of the 2023 season, the victims at home, Flopp has somehow managed to hang on to his job but is on the edge of being sacked. We cruise to a 10-0 win and Flopp is publicly fired on the centre spot after the game.

3.I get to have a pint or 2 with my mates and my family....to be honest, thats all I really want, you can keep 1+2, just give me 3.

22 minutes ago, David said:

1. Walk past the Brunny, have a chuckle at all the fans in there that haven’t discovered a real pub yet.

2. Take a selfie outside the ground to upload to Instagram Stories thinking there must be one person out there who cares where I am.

3. Win the game 

Jesus loves you @David. ?

19 minutes ago, David said:

Not a huge fan, has the similar old man smell in there, but the floors don’t creek and you get more room to take a leak and the drink selection is a lot better.

They know what they are doing in the Brunny though, fill the bar with a load of drinks nobody has heard of, couple of mouthfuls, eww this is rank, back to the bar and order another.

When you finally land on one you like, off it goes and replaced by a 5% Bishop’s Testicle IPA

Not a touch on Old Blacksmith’s Gusset Porter Ale ? 7.2 og

Observe recommendation to set off to arrive 4 hours before the game.

Eye everyone on the train with suspicion. Join a mob in beating up a man who coughs after eating a buffet car pie (thus proving no taste).

Arrive at Derby station where all police are in Hazmat suits and spray me down.

Walk past the Brunny where everyone is hammered on half a pint after the lay-off.

Arrive at the ground and follow the pairs of shoes markings two metres apart. Queue for three hours and arrive at turnstiles. Roll up sleeve and get injection of vaccine.

Sit on ski lift style chair which winches me to my seat.

Fit catheter and bag. Drink from Thermos. Read booing instructions. What time, which direction etc.

Alternate clapping and silence before game for NHS, BLM, Cat Protection League etc (whichever have been nominated as top ten causes that week)

Watch as Derby kick-off with a back pass to Marshall then nine players take off at breakneck speed to challenge for the punt upfield.

Applaud the six yard sideways pass I used to hate as the only footballing highlight of the first half.

At half time, use binoculars to scan the other stands for chums.

Cheer in second half as we score, only for the goal to be disallowed under new Championship VAR rules which notice two fans were less than two metres apart.

Return home on 9pm train after orderly but tortuous exit from ground orchestrated by the army.

Archived