If Carlsberg did Rams’ fans return to Pride Park….

Ellafella

12 hours ago, sage said:

1. It's raining and I get soaked walking to the ground only to have the wind blowing rain into the East Stand just enough to soak me again but leaving the row behind perfectly dry.

2. The new signings struggle to gel and we concede after 15 minutes. The atmosphere goes toxic. The bloke in fronts of us shouts 'Forward' every time the defence gets the ball and the kn0b behind us picks his scapegoat for the season.

3. We miss a series of chances and eventually scramble a lucky equaliser in the last minute. Halfway to the car, the heavens open again and it takes an hour trying to get off Pride Park listening to Ed Dawes field calls from people who haven't watched the game.

Would still love it.  

1. Derek from Burton wasn’t at the game, listened on the radio, and Is pretty sure CM19 would’ve taken one of the 5 chances we missed, especially the 1 v 1.

2. Mel has finally lost patience with the Sheikh and is now selling up to a Far Eastern betting syndicate who want us to be re-named Derby County chameleons whose home colours change several times a season and hence replica shirt sales alone in China raise enough money to buy back Pride Park*

3. * Derby County Chameleons announce a new Stadium name which will become The Astra-Zeneca Post-Covid Arena. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Rachel Riley rings me out of the blue to declare she's so impressed with the job Wazza has done that she's changed her allegiance to The Rams and wants me to take her to the game. 

2. We travel down on the train from Manchester together and I promise her a no expense spared pre-match experience. She seems less than impressed with her meal and drinks in The Harvester and all the away fans pestering her.

3. The game is an absolute spectacle as we snatch a last minute winner in a 5-4 win. Rachel is so excited she wants to strip off and run on the pitch. Fortunately I persuade her to save the stripping for later. Just like Carlsberg which promises so much but ends up a  flat disappointment, I'm rudely awaken by a train guard. It appears I've fallen asleep and spilt all my beer on my lap or at least I think it's that. It turns out that all that went before was sadly a dream. 

Archived