Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

10 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I keep reading and hearing this, but what does he actually offer? I mean tangibly what does he give to the team? What I see and im no expert  he’s another sideways, backwards keep possession footballer who actually offers nothing to improve the team positively (I mean adds to the actual goals for metric) 

Makes space for himself, ensuring his teammates have an option to pass to. Reliable on the ball, especially in tight situations, and more often than most finds a player.

Reads play very well, positioning himself for an easy interception. Puts a high number of tackles in (marginally behind Shinnie).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Makes space for himself, ensuring his teammates have an option to pass to. Reliable on the ball, especially in tight situations, and more often than most finds a player.

Reads play very well, positioning himself for an easy interception. Puts a high number of tackles in (marginally behind Shinnie).

He looked better when Shinnie had gone off. But neither of them imposed themselves on the game, especially going forwards.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

But apart from that what does he offer...agreed there is the roads, sanitation, viaducts....but what has Bird ever done for us ?

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

They didn't examine it properly in any detail (as there was no point). It's possible that CKR was beyond the last defender, but I don't think it was at all clear that CKR was ahead of the ball when Byrne crossed (as well as not touching the ball). I'd say he wasn't offside.

Just offside by Premier VAR standard. Another game strongly influenced by marginal refereeing decisions. I would have given us two penalties, allowed the Colin goal and sent Will off. I am a Rams fan.

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He looked better when Shinnie had gone off. But neither of them imposed themselves on the game, especially going forwards.

Watford have some very good players. They have three of the fastest players over four yards that I can remember.

Losing away at Watford won’t define our season.

We’ve shown we have enough about us to stay in this division which has to be the priority.

What I would be happy with from this point is to get to the closed season with something settled in the ownership area and let Rooney but a team together to challenge next time.

Not as simple as it sounds.

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Just offside by Premier VAR standard. Another game strongly influenced by marginal refereeing decisions. I would have given us two penalties, allowed the Colin goal and sent Will off. I am a Rams fan.

I did slip out of the room a couple of times as you do but what were the two penalty appeals? Must have missed them both ?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I did slip out of the room a couple of times as you do but what were the two penalty appeals? Must have missed them both ?

Wrestling Wisdom in penalty area. Wrestling by Will in penalty area. In another game maybe not a penalty but far worse than what Wiz was accused of that lost us a good goal. Ball bounced up and controlled by their defender could also have been given on another day. Is wrestling in penalty area so that a player cannot move allowed now as part of the game. Lost count of deliberate fouls on Knight but not in penalty area.

I did think last night before the match, that Watford would control the midfield, it’s the area that at the moment concerns me without Bilek, Shinnie looked very heavy legged, Knight, personally seems to be struggling for the last few games and as for Max, just never seems to impose himself on the game.Now the lad from Everton, seems an athletic/ physical kind of player that is missing at the moment, the little I have seen of him I think he could give us what Bilek gives us ( not saying he is as good), I do think we miss that bit of height/ physical nature in the middle of the pitch.

Thought we grew a bit into the game last night, Roberts showed glimpses of what he could do attacking wise, but his decision making wasn’t great, but he worried me that he was easily pushed off the ball and was poor defensively, waggers is so frustrating, but don’t think he is as bad as some people think.

Sarr and our Will were the big difference for me, if we could get Max playing like Will, which I think he could do,we would be a lot better, and also for a few years now, don’t think we have had a pacy/powerful attacker like sarr, which would give us more options to break quickly. 

12 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Agree, been reflecting and talking to my eldest, we thought exactly that. Once we went at them, we could’ve nicked something from tonight, as despite some obvious talent, they never totally outclassed us. We didn’t have enough belief or luck, but I can live with the result if we beat Huddersfield next.

Still on a good run under Rooney and still getting better.

How could we have nicked something when we cannot score, another own goal?

8 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

well said. 

Apart from the odd set piece delivery, what has Waghorn actually done all season?, I'm struggling to think to be honest.  

it seems that we now have a squad full of hard workers (mostly) but are just lacking quality to go with it. 

Three decent free kicks but little else.

For me, we showed plenty of spirit, the disallowed goa was a , goal all day long, there keeoer from that corner did a great save, Watfords first goal was very lucky, how it ended up in the goal, we scored a very lucky goal as well, for me we did enough for a point, against a very good Watfird team, 2 massive games coming up next week, which i can not wait for, can  see us getting 6 points from them. 

Archived