Wycombe v Derby, Tuesday 16th February

Kinder

Massive massive win tonight. Takes the pressure completely off the Watford game and we have a great chance next week with Huddersfield and Forest to really get into mid-table.

Dont care about the performances of the past two games. Preston Sheff Wed were excellent performances and we got nothing. Overall considering how we’ve played under Rooney over the past 16 games we’ve taken the level of points we’ve deserved. We are 6 points clear of the drop zone with a chance to really get out of it now. Credit has to go to Rooney and the team. 
The thing I loved the most about tonight was how angry Rooney was with that performance. He knows we need to be better than that, we are better than that.

The next 3 games we will have the chance to play football again and we need to be better. Hopefully we’ll ditch 4-4-2 now and get back to 4-3-3, that’s the best system for our game.

Mentions for Wiz and Edmundson who did well, and Waggy who is improving and get back to something like his best. Roberts has to start against Watford. Looks a real player and obviously look forward to Buchanan and Byrne coming back into the team

COYR!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jono said:

Yes, but I think during a campaign you get games and periods like this, especially against a certain sort of team. Then dial in our current status - it’s an ugly mud fight. Tonight the only thing that matters is 3 points. Being the “mighty Rams” can wait for better days 

I’m quoting and screenshooting myself .. cos we just got those 3 points .. don’t care if it was ugly, lucky or a mud fight 

Huge result ! Well done lads. Every single one us of wants to be shouting for you live .. can’t be at the moment but we are here right behind you ! 

Marshall - very good 

Man U lad - struggled but early days 

wisdom - mom 

clarke - good before injury 

forsyth - ok 

shinne - game went over his head 

knight - see Shinnie 

waghorn - one way or another we scored 2 goals via him 

jozwiak - Johnny Russell mashing lad 

Richards - did well 

Gregory - couldn’t get involved 

subs- Edmundson - difficult debut - others not much 

53 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

My Sons in bed, My pregnant partners also in bed. I’ve never ran around the living room so quiet but so jubilant! Oh Andre wisdom, give me a kiss or a snog 

How many partners have you got?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Marshall - very good 

Man U lad - struggled but early days 

wisdom - mom 

clarke - good before injury 

forsyth - ok 

shinne - game went over his head 

knight - see Shinnie 

waghorn - one way or another we scored 2 goals via him 

jozwiak - Johnny Russell mashing lad 

Richards - did well 

Gregory - couldn’t get involved 

subs- Edmundson - difficult debut - others not much 

Didn’t know Wisdom was your mom!

If Rotherham and Wycombe played every match like they do against us they would be top half, perhaps nudging the play off positions. Also referees favour them for fear of being seen to be in awe of Derby and Wayne Rooney.

Our passing when not under pressure was awful, several times we passed it straight into touch or to one of theirs, our final ball in and around the box made me want to invade the pitch and discuss the reasons why with the individual player, I would love to ask Kazim why he made that superb last ditch tackle to deprive Joz of a tap in or why he contrived to miss an open goal from a yard out with a free header, but we dug in and went for the winner instead of sitting back.

Good team spirit and effort. Onward and upward.

?

15 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

The biggest lesson of this game is that you play your strongest lineup. It was clear that he was resting players for Watford. You don't do that in this league. We aren't Man U. All eyes on your current fixture because bottom of the league can be tougher than top of the league. Nothing is guaranteed. 

Is that what you took from our team choice and set up? That rooney would think to rest players for a game we could win against a team around us for a game against a team 3rd in the league who just thumped a team 6.0 in their recent home game? Seriously?

I think it was fairly obvious that having seen them pretty much lump it on diagonal and hang it up to the back post at every opportunity in our recent game against them Rooney though they maybe picking the most physical team possible might get us the win.

Think people are doing a pep here and getting too far in their own head.

49 minutes ago, Kernow said:

As poo as tonight was, and as poo as it is to have to set up like that to beat Wycombe Wanderers, I'm absolutely delighted. We get turned over far too often by big physical sides like that. Rooney obviously wanted to set us up to play them at their own game. Did it work? In the end, yes, the other 92 minutes and 30 seconds, not really. Ikpeazu was fantastic for them, we couldn't handle him.

Those 3 points are so, so, so important with regards to the fate of our season, so to be perfectly honest I couldn't care less how we played. We won. Three points. Probably won't play Wycombe again for a while, thanks and goodbye.

Watch the final goal back when you get a chance. Waghorn celebrating before it went in, he knew. The whole team are in this together, the scenes at the end of beating Wycombe Wanderers away 2-1 gave me as much pleasure as any other game would. The game was terrible but that doesn't stop me feeling over the moon right now, COYR.

I think Waghorn celebrates because he thinks he's scored, his strike hits the post and he thinks it's going in off the post, from the angle he's at, I don't think he's any relation to Mystic Meg celebrating before we score, but then again you might be right. I suppose the only person that knows is Waggy.

42 minutes ago, ossieram said:

He was a pain in the arse, but the ref gave him far to many decisions and he also got away with quite a bit. Everytime he got on the ball, his arms were swinging and catching people and nothing was done about it. He give Clarke a whack in the face and caught Knight with a forearm before falling over and winning another freekick.

CKR was probably fouled from behind as many times but the ref hardly gave him a decision.

I thought CKR was not his usual self tonight quite  in effectual ... looked tired to me ....poor poor game but massive 3 points....hope Clarke is ok 

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I think Waghorn celebrates because he thinks he's scored, his strike hits the post and he thinks it's going in off the post, from the angle he's at, I don't think he's any relation to Mystic Meg celebrating before we score, but then again you might be right. I suppose the only person that knows is Waggy.

It looked to me as he had his arms out as the ball was bouncing back off the post just waiting for anybody to steer it back into the open goal. The initial freekick actually looked like it was going wide to me initially, I was surprised it hit the post and think the keeper had it covered anyway.

43 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't hate Waghorn. I just don't think he offers enough to justify starting, based on his cameo I'd be starting Roberts. Jozwiak played fine, in my opinion.

Very funny that. Saying Waghorn doesn’t offer enough, and then stating Jozwiak was fine. ???

Archived