Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

Refereeing standards in this league are so poor, not just the bad decisions that get me, but also the yellow cards. Two innocuous fouls drawing a yellow card based on squealing means that you are walking a tightrope for the rest of the game. 

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good first half that from us. Not exactly pretty (certainly not helped by the pitch!), but the 4-4-2 and lump it has been effective so far. Don’t really mind so long as it works. We’ve battled hard all over the pitch, especially the front two who have worked well together, and created a fair few good chances in and around the box, often out of nothing really. 

Disappointing that we gifted them a goal though when we were in control of the game - we’ve let them right in the match now, and their tails will no doubt be up second half. Really can’t be giving possession away the way we did when playing this formation. We look very open at the back, so we either need to swap to a 4-3-3 now we have the lead, or be a lot more careful with the ball.

29 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I hold my hand up. I thought Gregory had chosen the wrong option. Jozwiak was in acres of space to his left. Step forward CKR. 

Yes me too, I was busy thinking didn’t you see him with all that room ..  Then Kaz Boom ! ? happy days ! 

Archived